Digital / Interactive Media;
Disney Interactive Media Group is seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager with a passion for designing and evangelizing world-class game platforms and tools, enabling the next generation mobile, MMO and social games shipping from the Walt Disney Company. Be a part of an amazing cross-functional team, infusing Disney's Solana Beach office with a Silicon Valley startup culture of rapid innovation and development. We are a technologically forward and fast-moving group that has been entrusted with delivering a multi-purpose game engine to power web, mobile and emerging platforms.
Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of Disney and all levels of the organization. We are customer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experiences for our game studios while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you are responsible for contributing to the overall product vision and roadmap for multiple game platforms and frameworks, coordinating customer requirements with the central engineering teams, and ensuring the product strategy and roadmap remain aligned with the needs of existing and future game development groups. Moreover, you will be responsible for defining, implementing and evolving an internal open source program that will guide engagement, integration and support of the various game frameworks across the Disney organization.
- Internal marketing - Own positioning and marketing of the game framework technology to internal game studios with accountability surrounding adoption.
- Liaise between the game studios and central technology organization to evolve the game frameworks and strategy to best meet the needs of the studios.
- Write and maintain a set of technical design / specification documents to guide development of new framework features.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure the overall product deliverables remain on track.
- Work to continually improve studio satisfaction and product quality through better process and communication.
- Maintain a level of technical understanding of the overall platform sufficient to serve as one of our key representatives and evangelists.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software/hardware development
- At least 2 shipped products in the domains of mobile, social and/or AAA gaming
- Experience working under a Software as a Service (SaaS) or shared pipeline development model
- Deep understanding of game engineering concepts such as server/client architectures, scalability, asset and data management, and development tools
- Experience writing and maintaining technical design documents (TDDs) and functional / technical specifications
Job Posting Industries
- B.S. in Computer Science or demonstrable equivalent
Digital / Interactive
This Position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces experiences for video game consoles like Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Babble.com and Spoonful.com.
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds and provides connected game-play experiences for children around the globe
Disney Mobile Games creates high-quality original gaming experiences for mobile devices. In addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank
Disney Social Games develops best-in-class social games on Facebook, Playdom.com and mobile platforms.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 2 years ago - save job