Under minimal supervision provide and deliver claim adjusting services and solutions for customers within multiple lines of business on losses involving complex coverage, liability, compensability and/or legal issues.Investigate claims by interviewing claimants, witnesses, establish claim reserves, handle evidence, obtain and interpret medical reports, official reports and claim forms, manages litigation, and attend/participate at mediation, trials or hearings.
*Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.*
- Assist / Mentor less experienced adjusters with claims handling, including light supervisory responsibilities.
- Occasional sales calls by meeting with local industry related companies or adjusters to develop new business and maintain existing business.
- Negotiates and settles claims within client service parameters and authority levels by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants.
- Presents evidence at legal proceedings, producing reports and other documents as evidence.
- Provide filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage and pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information required by the client and obtained through investigation.
- Maintain expected case loads in multiple lines of business while meeting established service delivery, production, quality, sales and educational objectives.
- Sales skills
- A valid driver’s license.
- Prior multi-line experience.
- Licensing as required by state and local jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with legal and medical terminology within specific business lines.
- Ability to work on-call during off work hours to respond to emergency on-site investigations.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of complex commercial policy coverage investigation, liability evaluation, determination of damages or compensability investigations in multiple lines of business.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of experience in each of at least 2 lines of business handling complex claims.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k, health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
Crawford & Company - 23 months ago