CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its hirh-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, LA., CenturyLink is a S&P500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com.
This position is a senior role implementing Managed Security Services (MSS) in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment. The SOC function is to provide customers with constant monitoring, protection, prevention, and detection services as well as reporting and incident analysis based on events collected from multiple sources. This position will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to design and implement one or more of the following services: firewall, IDPS, antivirus management, vulnerability scanning, authentication, secure email, and incident response.
- Acts in a multi-discipline project leadership role working towards the development of new solutions, processes, tools, systems for customers.
- Frequent contact with customers and contractors for the purpose of assessing complex requirements and issues. Represents the organization as a principal technical advisor with customers.
- Performs a project/process lead role within department. Formally mentors and/or trains lower-level engineers and peers within the department.
- Combines leadership and teaching skills across diverse disciplines in order to resolve unique, complex and/or chronic technical problems or issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, similar field and/or 6+ yrs of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- If not already approved, candidate must be willing to submit and pass the requirements for a Top Secret security clearance.
- Candidate is considered a SME in 1 or more of the listed security requirements:
- Use of any SIEM (Security Incident and Event Manager) application is desired - ArcSight administrator experience is a plus.
- Ability to develop and implement use cases based on event correlation and specific business requirements is desired.
- Ability to create reports and dashboard deliverables based on event correlation is desired.
- Administrator expertise desired for the SIEM platform.
- Knowledge of any IDPS applications is desired + Sourcefire, SNORT, and /or Fortinet experience is desired.
- Event analysis via SIEM or vendor application is desired.
- Excellent incident reporting skills are desired; forensics background is a plus. The ability to provide consulting, policy reviews, training, security audits and advisories, as well as support for malware/DDoS attacks, internal compromises, and other malicious events will be part of this skill set.
- Expertise with all aspects of firewall and VPN (IPSec and SSL) technology.
- Virtualization knowledge on one or multiple platforms (Cisco, Fortinet, and Juniper).
- Architectural expertise desired but not limited to the areas of stateful packet inspection, address translation, denial of service, URL filtering, content inspection, content reporting, configuration and change management.
- Expertise with vulnerability scanning products. Knowledge in the use of Nmap and/or Nessus is desirable.
- Implementation of both internal and external scanning for premise and network based services, identification of vulnerabilities with recommended actions, and deliverables via multiple options (i.e. + email, pager, web, etc).
- Expertise in gateway or server based antivirus management platforms and/or applications.
- The ability to provide automatic virus and signature updates, monitor on a 24x7 basis, provide reporting capabilities detailing malicious traffic counts and events detected.
- Expertise in the use of e-authentication for the purpose of remote user authentication and validation for electronic commerce. Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 16 months ago