Bachelor's degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience in banking, product management and development
In depth knowledge of specific Treasury (Cash Management) products.
Ability to understand complex systems and technology processes.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to interact skillfully with business partners and associates at all levels.
Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Ability to process and organize multiple tasks/projects within deadlines and a high volume, fast paced environment.
Responsible for supporting and contributing to the management and strategic direction for responsible for managing several designated cash management or e-commerce products. For assigned products, major responsibilities include 1)developing and executing strategic and tactical plans to meet market share and revenue goals, 2) monitoring profit margin targets and managing revenue and expense drivers, including pricing, 3) developing and rolling-out new products and enhancements to existing services, 4) ensuring quality assurance and managing vendor and client contracts, 5) providing ongoing product support and enhancing market visibility and 6) participating in bank-wide conversion projects including acquisitions, system conversions, and/or transformation projects.
Expected to collaborate with internal and external business partners daily in order to achieve departmental goals. Assist in implementation of policies and procedures, including process design, system changes, and special project management and roll-out. Collaborate with management on due diligence activities and provide portfolio management in terms of profitability, performance, and customer service.
Depending upon Product Management function, responsibilities may include the following:
Receivables Product Manager
Payables Product Manager
- Lockbox (Canadian / Wholesale/ Retail)
- Remote Deposit / Lockbox Remote Capture
- Vault Services(Cash Services)
- Return Items, Re-deposits
- Integrated Receivables
E Payments Product Manager
- Canadian Services
- Account Reconciliation/Deposit Reconciliation
- Controlled Disbursement
- Positive Pay, Payee, Teller Positive Pay
- Integrated Payables
Product Management Core responsibilities / expectations :
- ACH (incoming / outgoing)
- ACH Returns
- Wire (incoming / outgoing)
- Contribute to product pricing, cost structure, process design, supporting senior leadership
- Work with senior leadership on credit parameters to ensure appropriate credit space is achieved, obtaining the desired risk/return balance
- Support overall goal of achieving high caliber customer service and support
- Maintain department procedures and systems processes
- Work collaboratively with internal and external business partners, such as Marketing, Finance, Retail Bank, Operations, Credit and Collections
- Support the development of business requirements and user testing plans for system modifications; working in conjunction with systems administrators to update products as needed
- Assist management in achievement of annual marketing objectives, sales goals, and sales channel strategy
- Maintains an awareness of trends and developments in product and geographic markets
- Facilitate and support the development and project management of the implementation of new products and services
- Must adhere to and ensuring business unit complies with pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara's Compliance Policy as well as external compliance requirements
First Niagara Financial Group - 2 years ago