Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc® and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 42,400 kiosks across over 34,600 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Walmart locations and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.redbox.com Information about Coinstar can be found at www.coinstar.com .
The Redbox Instant by Verizon brings together two innovative companies known for creating brands that customers trust and products consumers want. With immediate DVD and Blu-ray rental through Redbox and instant broadband content from Verizon, we’ll be uniquely positioned to deliver the best of both worlds – physical and digital – to all consumers nationwide. We’ll make it easy for everyone to access and enjoy the entertainment they want to see, using any providers’ mobile or home broadband service – anytime, anywhere.
Working at Redbox Instant by Verizon means you can enjoy the freedom and creativity of a start-up business with the resources of two recognized, established companies, plus more opportunities, more fun, more flexibility, more “wow”. You’ll do this with the aid of world-class technologies and services at your disposal. By creating new choices for our customers, you’ll take entertainment to a new level.
Sr Product Manager – TV Screen Devices
Join a world-class team building a market-leading consumer experience. Redbox Instant by Verizon is searching for a Senior Product Manager for TV Screen Devices to join our team, to be responsible for the strategy and execution of streaming clients for game consoles, connected TVs, connected Blu-ray players, and other streaming devices. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills, along with the ability to work well with multiple stakeholders in both a technical and business environment. Key responsibilities include managing product plans, roadmap, phasing, prioritization, and producing business requirements for all features in a fast-paced, iterative development process. Redbox Instant by Verizon is a start-up and we are looking for someone who is comfortable wearing many hats.
This position will report to the Sr. Director, Product Management and preferably located at our Oakbrook Terrace, IL facility. Other possible work location can include San Francisco CA, Irving TX, New York City, Waltham MA or the DC / Maryland / Northern VA area.
- Work closely with Marketing and Technology stakeholders to create strategic roadmaps for product implementations of client applications on TV screen devices
- Develop concepts, project phases, features, and requirements in a fast-paced, iterative development process
- Serve as an integral part of the master product delivery process, working to ensure the most critical business problems are prioritized and solved
- Prioritize requests, enhancements, bugs, and makes trade-off decisions / recommendations based on critical business needs and technical feasibility
- Help run discovery, usability testing, and beta tests to ensure product usability and viability
- Partner closely with other product managers and Marketing to create a consistent, on-brand Redbox Instant experience
- Demonstrate world class behaviors in all interactions.
- Complete competitive analysis and benchmarking work
- Creativity and willingness to experiment
- Results/business oriented
- Excellent research, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent product requirement definition and prioritization abilities
- Expert skills working across functions in a matrix organization and demonstrated experience with executive level presentations (internal / external selling)
- Extensive experience leading without authority (but with integrity) in cross-functional groups
- Project management and organizational/capability development skills
- Advanced customer empathy and knowledge of consumer digital media applications & services
- Solid experience in creating user-centered designed products
- Strong experience in translating business needs into product features
- Previous experience facilitating brainstorming & prioritization sessions
- Experience working on Agile software development projects using various software development methodologies, including Agile/Scrum or XP
- Bonus points for experience building video applications for game consoles, connected TVs, connected Blu-ray players, or OTT streaming devices.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MS or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 -10 years of product management related experience; with 5-7 years of experience in particular managing entertainment software or devices.
- Prior experience in Software Development, User Experience Design, or Quality Assurance would be very helpful
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...