Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people.
Our endovascular franchise is one of the fastest growing segments within our Vascular business, with a large portfolio of market-changing products for peripheral intervention. If you have a background in endovascular marketing, and are interested in bringing your leadership and strategic thought skills to work for a company that has been ranked one of America's most-admired companies every year since 1984 by Fortune magazine, please apply online.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Responsible for the development, strategic planning
and execution of specific marketing plans and activities for specific market segments or products to establish, enhance or distinguish placement within the competitive arena.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for the development, strategic planning and execution of assigned marketing plans and activities.
Contribute toward the development of an annual departmental budget by forecasting future needs, utilizing previous year's budget,
current objectives and budget guidelines.
Lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams in support of organizational goals.
Serve as subject matter expert (SME) within the assigned market segment; interface with internal and external customers and partners.
Travel up to 33% of the time both domestically and/or internationally by any means necessary to support organizational goals.
Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives, assignments are often self-initiated, determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results, work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of a supervisor, may provide work direction and guidance to others; may mentor others, position serves to champion an area that has major implications for the company and may lead to accomplishing long-range objectives, serve as advisor to management on specialized business projects, erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve a critical organizational objective and/or affect the image of the organization.
Typically requires 5+ years of experience with or exposure to sales and/or marketing in the following areas: healthcare, medical devices, or medical diagnostics to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
Candidate / incumbent should possess the following:
ability to work cross-functionally.
- understanding of the technology and capabilities of the Division's products.
- understanding of market and customer dynamics.
- understanding of sales processes.
- knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices/diagnostics.
- strong managerial skills relative to time and people resources.
- ability to lead and influence with and without direct authority.
- ability to work independently and in groups,
- ability to apply analytical thinking, problem-solving skills and critical-thinking skills.
- ability to work on problems/issues of a complex nature where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
ability to make decisions where there are competing demands.
This is a "downstream marketing" role, important to have solid commercial experience.
- ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications, whether verbal, written or in presentations.
- ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software.
- ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree (such as a Master's degree or MBA) is desired.
May be filled at another level depending on experience.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Abbott Laboratories - 19 months ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....