Sr Product Manager, Global Endovascular
Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION: Responsible for the development and strategic planning of specific marketing plans and activities for specific product(s)/project(s)/product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish placement within the competitive arena. Activities may include tactics, tools, logistics, campaigns, basic messaging and positioning. Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Establishes pricing strategies. Leads cross-functional teams/groups with little supervision, to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s). Coaches others on specific products and/or projects.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Designs strategies to maximize the profitability of product lines by collaborating with assigned staff, conducting market research and performing financial analyses. 2. Contributes toward the development of an annual departmental budget by forecasting future needs, utilizing previous year's budget, current objectives and budget guidelines.
3. Proposes the allocation of resources to assist in managing products' life cycle from concept through retirement by assessing needs and objectives.
4. Ensures projects are consistent with product line strategy and messaging is effectively conveyed.
5. Coaches others within Marketing in the development of projects and/or programs.
6. Represents the company by visiting accounts in order to solicit feedback on company products and services.
7. Understands project timeline and makes and presents recommendations based on risk analysis when project is off course.
8. Thorough understanding of AV business, product lines, market space, and Abbott businesses.
COMMENTS: Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior. May provide work direction and guidance to employees.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE: Champions an issue that has major implications for the company and may lead to accomplishing long-range objectives. Provides broad, technical advice. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance. Acts as an advisor to management on specialized business projects (managerial, technical, leadership, clinical, marketing). Acts as a mentor to key staff members. Has demonstrated leadership and management qualities. Actively participates in comprehensive development of plans including an outline of duties and project assignments. Demonstrates independence by prioritizing and completing assignments. Determines emerging trends and provides information across functional boundaries in areas of expertise. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization’s technological capability.
Minimum 5 years brand management experience. Comprehensive knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Has expert knowledge of the impact of various solutions on the business.
*may be filled at a lower level depending on experience **
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....