The Senior Inventory Management Profit Analyst works closely with the Inventory Management and Marketing teams to identify profit opportunities related to the company's purchasing and marketing strategies. Primary responsibilities include reviewing and analyzing all inner margin and promotional deals negotiated with suppliers (including off invoice as well as bill back and rebate deals) to determine the direct impact on the profit margin, as well as ensuring that Inventory Management has implemented and completed purchasing in a timely and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Manages the entire inner margin / investment buy process by working closely with management and the Inventory Management teams
Manages the ROI process related to rebate programs, exclusive agreements and related direct buys by working closely with management and the Rebate Program Drivers and/or Business Development teams
- Provides data analysis on most profitable deals/suppliers related to investment buy opportunities and recommend a target deal list to the purchasing team to go after targeted deals
- Monitors and analyzes price increases and price increase forward buys to ensure the profit opportunity is maximized. Work in conjunction with Buyers to analyze and communicate financial impact to management on price increase forward buy restrictions by Suppliers
- Simulates and analyze promotional buying activity and compare to actual buying activity, in order to determine any variances from the expected.
Performs ad-hoc analysis as requested by management and Business Units / Marketing teams on various profitability initiatives.
- Analyzes data provided by the business teams and works with management to prepare ROI documents which support various profit initiatives or exclusive programs as business strategic directives
- Reviews historical deal activity verses upcoming rebates and promotions, and tracks to actual purchases. Work with Buyers to discuss and determine reasons for any unfavorable discrepancies and communicate to Suppliers.
- Works with buying teams to ensure all ROI related purchases are executed timely and communicated to suppliers accordingly
Monitors team performance on inner margin activities and performs internal audit to validate deals reported.
Continuously improves expertise in the E3 system to discover improved and advanced analysis techniques to help maximize profit opportunities and purchasing effectiveness and efficiency.
Acts on behalf of Profit Manager in his/her absence to review and provide directions for the team.
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Minimum of 5 years of business analytics experience required, and experience with supply chain management strongly desired.
Experienced with data warehousing tools a plus
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented
- Advance Excel skills required
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge in purchasing or inventory management preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office including PPT and Word
Henry Schein - 17 months ago
From Poughkeepsie to Prague, Henry Schein outfits dental offices around the world with everything they need. The company is a leading global...