Under minimal supervision assumes responsibility for day-to-day operational management of all activities and functions in a designated program area within a line or staff department, including developing, implementing and evaluating program policies, procedures and standards; determining program service levels and enhancements; developing and monitoring program budgets; providing technical advice and/or supervision to staff, other departments, the public and other agencies, and performs related work as required.
- Responsible for the entire activities of a project which delivers a product to a customer.
- Through any staff member, ensures efficient movement of materials, documentation, work effort required to meet production schedules.
- Coordinates product delivery requirements with production, purchasing and engineering departments.
- Evaluates schedules and product status to determine appropriate actions to ensure delivery of products on time.
- Will direct activities through the use of company plans.
Functional areas reporting to this position are:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of related experience, in a functional organization or program/project group.
Minimum Education requirements:
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework related to the area of assignment and five years of experience within or related to the program assignment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Judgment, decision making, analytical skills to include:
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves non-routine problems
- Makes accurate, timely, informed decisions
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Leadership to include:
- Guides group or individuals toward common objective
- Demonstrates a send of urgency about next steps
- Develops cooperation and teamwork
- Adaptability to include:
- Willingly accepts change & communicates change positively
- Maintains effectiveness in varying environments
- Willingly handles new assignments
- Interpersonal Skills to include:
- Establishes and maintains effective relations with relevant individuals and groups to achieve desired results
- Demonstrates respect for people their concerns and their well being
- Planning and Resource Management to include:
- Forecasts needs and set priorities
- Identifies and effectively utilizes appropriate resources
- Communication skills to include:
- Clearly, concisely, and accurately presents information
- Communicates directly, openly, and honestly
- Replies quickly to requests
- Develops clear and concise documentation
- Initiative and Risk-taking to include:
- Seeks and develops new and difficult challenges and accepts responsibility
- Creative – develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Takes calculated risks when potential negative consequences are understood
- Technical competence to include:
- Applies essential skills in performance of job responsibilities
- Knowledge of technical information
- Produces high quality work
- Strategic Focus/Vision to include:
- Perceives the impact and implication of decisions on the components of the organization
- Translates vision and strategy into a clear, actionable goal
- Development of people to include:
- Clarifies organization goals and objectives
- Specifies expected level of performance
- Bias for action to include:
- Recognizes and works to overcome obstacles
- Aggressively pursues goals and objectives
- Has personal conviction to take independent action
Expectation for All Employees:
Supports the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors:
Accountability and ownership - taking responsibility for one's actions and an active role in career development.
- Competence and commitment to excellence
- Teamwork - building strong, long-term partnerships with our suppliers and customers (internal and external).
- Integrity - commitment to and acting with high ethical standards.
- Respect - demonstration of esteem, concern, and courtesy towards fellow employees
- Compliance within required standards
- Continuous improvement - sustaining an environment that fosters the elimination of waste and variation in process.
- Commitment to our community
Curtiss-Wright Corporation has the most renowned legacy in the aerospace industry. In 1929, Curtiss-Wright was formed by the merger of...