Sr Project Engineer - Software Solutions
The Senior Project Engineer conducts design, development, release and initial support of software, hardware, and platform integration projects specifically for the assigned division.
This role includes relationship development with software, hardware, and platform companies that may act as vendors for this type of system development. The Senior Project Engineer develops project plans and drives the integration of such systems and functionalities throughout the assigned segment, while ensuring common platform compatibility across segments and IT initiatives.
Essential duties and responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Identify, document, and prioritize the internal requirements for segment specific platform, software, and data needs.
Ensure all project needs are being met to achieve goals in the original set time frame.
This includes, but is not limited to, securing additional resources, setting daily or weekly priorities for project team members and working with the more challenging situations or people.
Understand, document and communicate technology trends in relation to enterprise software systems and data solutions.
Drive the integration of platform, software, and data solutions within assigned segment(s); complete
supporting project planning information and documentation.
Develop and drive the release of machine software, platform, and data related solutions in the assigned segment(s).
Communicate with the related stakeholders regarding project and system/software/data release plans within the segments and corporate stakeholders.
Develop technical relationships with companies that offer software and technology solutions that match engineering level requirements.
This may include making recommendations and assisting in the negotiations for strategic partnerships with technology
Drive the concept of connected rig across segments.
Ensure that project goals, such as test plans, production preparation plans, and product performance plans are met. Make appropriate project plan adjustments as needed.
Support the strategy, structure, and business model for the connected rig and aligns with strategic IT initiatives that relate to segments and international customers.
Other Skills and Abilities
- 4-year college degree Major:
electronics, electrical, computer engineering, computer science, machine control or related Engineering field
- At least 10 years experience with engineering
- Must be proficient in materials strength calculation skills, CAD software, C++, Java, .NET, Product Design Software, Glovia, Outlook, Cognos, E-mail, Ease and Microsoft Office programs including, but not limited to, Excel, Word and Access.
- Ability to design, develop and launch industrial heavy hydraulic equipment from a project engineering position.
- Ability to demonstrate to employees, customers and dealers the product needs to better define the product.
- Ability to understand and operate normal mechanics tools, such as lathes, drills and torches.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
- Ability to supervise staff in the performance of duties such that performance meets or exceeds expectations.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain plant efficiency during the building process.
- Ability to coordinate product development activities to release successful products from a performance standpoint.
- Ability to contribute ideas for machine improvements.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Fundamental of Engineering Exam preferred, but not required
Vermeer is an EEO/AAP/M/F/D/V Employer
Apr 9, 2013, 9:07:25 AM