Disney Interactive is seeking a Senior QA Engineer with a passion for building world-class platforms and consumer products to drive a connected experience for our Guests. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer with a track record of defining, launching and constantly improving test automation for world class consumer websites, eCommerce applications, platforms, APIs, and mobile experiences. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated Disney experiences that will define the interactions of children and families online and change the way our customers experience our digital and physical assets.
- Responsible to design, implement, and maintain a suite of server and client test automation to ensure consistent quality in team deliverables.
- Partner closely with developers to ensure defects are found closest to the source by adopting industry standards (e.g. continuous integration standards) and methodologies (e.g. Agile) and also by promoting engineering best practices.
- Design test plans, write test cases, review functional requirement documentation, and present test strategies for team review
- Submit, regress, and verify defects (Graybox / Whitebox)
- Be part of the Agile Team - attend scrums, sprint planning / backlog reviews - communicate project / testing status to internal and external teams in a timely fashion
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product failures or defects
- Produce quality test code to cover and qualify with functional / load and integrated test cases
- Design and Develop test automation framework & test tools for your feature areas
- Write automated test cases to ensure the adequate coverage for fixes and regression-free deliverables
- Conduct code review sessions with peers.
- Identify and adopt new testing methodologies, best practices, and tools from appropriate sources, to improve test coverage.
- Test database interactions at both the end-user and backend levels
- Be proactive and exercise flexibility and multi-tasking ability
- Fully understand the internal and external software processes / system dependencies
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development / "white box" testing
- Familiarity with web service architectures, client/server architectures, TCP networking, platform hosting models.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Linux/UNIX skills
- Experience with Relational databases is required
- Experience with application servers is required.
- Experience with Apache Tomcat or NGINX strongly desired
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Job Posting Industries
Digital / Interactive
This Position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces experiences for video game consoles like Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Babble.com and Spoonful.com.
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds and provides connected game-play experiences for children around the globe
Disney Mobile Games creates high-quality original gaming experiences for mobile devices. In addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank
Disney Social Games develops best-in-class social games on Facebook, Playdom.com and mobile platforms.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 2 years ago - save job