Sr. Software Engineer - C++
Alpharetta, GA or Boca Raton, FL
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop both internal and external web services using C++. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. We combine cutting-edge "Big Data" technology (http://www.hpccsystems.com/) with best in class content to solve our customer's information needs. We have a deep respect for our customer's needs and take great pride in knowing that what we build makes a difference in the world in many ways.
You are encouraged to become familiarity with the platform described at HPCCSystems.com and try out the "learning resources" and applied it as an exercise.
5+ years experience with C++ Object Oriented Development
2+ years experience with writing Web Services
2+ years experience with Relation Database Systems (MySQL, Sybase)
2+ years experience with Unix / Linux Operating System
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Candidate must be an energetic, self-motivated problem solver who works well in a team.
Familiarity with the platform described at HPCCSystems.com, having studied the “learning resources" and applied it in the form of any exercise a big plus.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Related Field.
Experience with XML, WSDL and SOAP
Understanding of professional software development processes. Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing, deployment and maintenance.
Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
2. 5 + years experience in full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
4. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
5. Ability to lead small to mid size technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time. Must be self directed and provides up to date information on progress and issues.
6. Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
7. Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
8. Ability to work in ambiguous situations; take a high level assignment and work the detail to produce a successful solution.
9. Ability to effectively mentor and train less experienced personnel.
10. Ability to deliver quality software deliverables.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions (www.lexisnexis.com/risk) is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. Combining cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced scoring analytics, we provide products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of Reed Elsevier, a leading publisher and information provider that serves customers in more than 100 countries with more than 30,000 employees worldwide.
Boca Raton, Florida
Boca Raton, FL
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of legal research and content-enabled workflow solutions.
LexisNexis consists of two...