Raytheon AST is in need of a Senior Software GUI Developer to support the development and maintenance of software applications to interact with and/or control electronic hardware components. Design, develop, and unit test new software applications and functional capabilities as defined by government project managers; fix bugs and/or develop enhancements as needed. Document all software throughout the product’s lifecycle. Provide subject matter expertise to development of software test and user documentation.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Clearance Required
- Minimum eight (8) years experience as a Software Engineer in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience developing software using the Java programming language. At least three (3) years experience developing software using either C or C++ is required.
- Minimum six (6) years experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), or UNIX/Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems.
- Experience on the design and development of at least one Object Oriented system.
- Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Experience writing technical documents in support of a software development project.
- Experience with Data Flow
- Experience with cloud computing
- Experience with Correlation software
- Experience with streaming data processing
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience developing and deploying: analytics that include foreign language processing; analytic processes that incorporate/integrate multi-media technologies, including speech, text, image and video exploitation; analytics that function on massive data sets, for example, more than a billion rows or larger than 10 Petabytes; analytics that employ semantic relationships (i.e., inference engines) between structured and unstructured data sets; analytics that identify latent patterns between elements of massive data sets, for example more than a billion rows or larger than 10 Petabytes; analytics that employ techniques commonly associated with Artificial Intelligence, for example genetic algorithms.
- Experience in the development of a Jung framework or other framework for performing large scale graph analytics.
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills.
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines.
- Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
- Experience developing and deploying analytics that discover and exploit social networks.
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within the J2EE or .NET frameworks.
- Experience with ExtJS 4, JAXB, Jersey, SQL and Oracle
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or similar degree
Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependant Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
- Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Raytheon - 22 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...