Senior Software Engineer - JAVA
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will utilize your Java skills to create "Rule Plans" for our valued Insurance industry customers as the primary entry to our most important products. Additionally, you will interact beyond our technical staff to gather information from business, sales, and marketing. If you are a creative thinker who enjoys having an impact on business utilizing your technical skills, then this may be the job for you.
Technical skills you will need:
3+ years Java
3+ years JEE (including EJB, XML, and JMS)
5+ years full life cycle development
3+ years designing and implementing Java applications
Understand OO principles
Experience with client/server development.
Nice to have skills
2+ years UNIX and scripting experience
Experience with SQL and database
Knowledge in SOA architecture using Web Services and SOAP.
JBoss, Relational Database
EJB, JMS, Junit, Jaxb, JDK5 or above, Eclipse
JAVA certification a BIG PLUS
Interfaces with internal customers; interprets requirements and provides recommendations on how to implement.
Independently performs analysis to develop and implement high-level designs for assigned projects.
Executes full-lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
Develops moderate-to advanced modules and system components and develops simple to moderately complex re-usable code.
Acts as point of escalation to resolve new/complex issues and provides input about team members' performance
Mentors and coaches team members.
Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of knowledge.
Diagnoses complex system problems using dumps, traces or other diagnostic tools.
Leads in design, code and test reviews where needed.
Leads a mid-size or larger teams of technical staff to complete assigned projects balancing quality and schedule.
Identifies and recommends opportunities for continuous improvements and efficiencies.
Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
2. 5 + years experience in full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
4. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
5. Ability to lead small to mid size technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time. Must be self directed and provides up to date information on progress and issues.
6. Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
7. Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
8. Ability to work in ambiguous situations; take a high level assignment and work the detail to produce a successful solution.
9. Ability to effectively mentor and train less experienced personnel.
10. Ability to deliver quality software deliverables.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:32:16 PM
LexisNexis - 30+ days ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...