Join one of biotech's most successful companies to create world-class software with the best and brightest in the industry. Illumina boasts a team of over 100 software professionals at its San Diego headquarters. You will work in an environment that is collaborative, innovative and fun.
As an Illumina Software Systems Engineer, you will
work with stakeholders to develop the requirements for integrated systems
that support biochemistry-based laboratory and manufacturing operations
and partner with software engineers to support the design
, development, and test of custom software solutions. This is not a software development role. You will be coordinating design and development. As an experienced Software Systems Engineer, you will lead the research, analysis and design of complex information systems and technology solutions in support of user requirements and business needs.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to define, design and develop laboratory systems, including both software and hardware
- Lead use case development, requirements elicitation, requirements analysis and review meetings
- Write formal software requirements specifications and software documentation, including how-to guides, cookbooks, reference materials, technical overviews, process flows diagrams, etc.
- Provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team in transforming operational/customer needs into a description of system parameters/requirements
- Work with System Architect and development teams on overall system design to meet requirements
- Work closely with software developers and other engineers to ensure that all documentation is accurate and up-to-date as requirements change and designs evolve
- Verify data in system tests using database query tools
- Help organize release activities and assist in troubleshooting system problems.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Computer Science, or related field
- 4-6 years’ experience in software systems analysis
- Strong analytical skills around software concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand
- Ability to lead systems analysis efforts and effectively present ideas and information in group settings
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing is a plus
- Prior experience working with liquid handling robot automation
- Prior experience with Agile or Scrum methodologies
- Basic understanding of relational databases/SQL and software concepts (API, XML, web service, etc.)
- Software development in the FDA regulated environment
) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...