Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), voted one of FORTUNE's '100 Fastest-Growing Companies', is a leading provider of automated retail solutions offering convenient services that make life easier for consumers and drive incremental traffic and revenue for retailers. The company’s core automated retail businesses include the well-known Redbox ® self-service DVD rental and Coinstar ® self-service coin-counting brands. The company has approximately 44,000 DVD kiosks and 19,000 coin-counting kiosks in supermarkets, drug stores, mass merchants, financial institutions, convenience stores, and restaurants. For more information, visit www.coinstarinc.com .
The BIZ – Star Studio
Star Studio is a highly engaging and interactive photo studio that lets users choose a photo shoot experience and personalize their pictures afterwards. Star Studio mixes entertainment, creativity and beautiful pictures to create a one-of-a-kind experience. Our team develops, builds and operates our photo studios in convenient and popular mall locations currently in CA, TX, NY, NJ, PA and CT.
Star Studio combines CGI animation, effect lighting, stereo surround sound and a unique voice-over personalities and experiences which takes users through each photo session. Outside the booth, customers can show their editing artistry on a large touch screen photo ‘desin station’. After a fun and entertaining experience, customers receive a sticker-backed print of their shoot as well as digital copies (emailed) for sharing on-line or with friends and family.
Sr Software Developer - Systems
This individual is responsible for system software development within the Star Studio kiosk.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- Serve as leader for backend and systems software development from functional definition through testing, deployment and continual improvement
- Take ownership of existing software, including troubleshooting production issues and identifying corrective and preventative measures
- Take ownership of development, testing and ongoing evolution of server-side software
- Develop and maintain comprehensive, up-to-date, project technical documentation (requirements, lessons learned, etc.)
- Make architectural enhancements as necessary to meet technical requirements unique to the Star Studio application
- Support the installation and troubleshooting of prototype kiosks installed in the field
- Develop strong partnerships with key internal partners to leverage shared service model and maximize development efficiencies
- Anticipate technical project bottlenecks, have mitigation and escalation plans in place before they are needed
Education and Experience:
- Web Services development
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- General web development
- Ability to analyze and support “lightly” documented source code
- Agile Development Process
- Good working knowledge of SQL databases
- Microsoft WPF development experience
- Kiosk systems development
- Windows driver experience
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to work alone
- Demonstrated ability to complete work within scope and on schedule under pressure of deadlines
- Experience managing contract software resources
- Ability to influence others at a variety of levels in the organization
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in getting things done
- Ability to travel (20%)
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- Bachelor’s degree (computer science preferred); Advanced degree a plus
- 8 + years of software application, platform or systems development
- Expert experience developing systems and applications in C# and .net
- Experience developing distributed, Client-Server systems