Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
Sr Web Software Engineer
We’re looking for someone with a solid mix of .NET 4.0, (C#) Web app development experience, who’s familiar with techniques for designing and building high-quality software including experience with: developing application specifications, various object and data modeling techniques, database design, test driven development, quality assurance best-practices, and implementation support.
- Programming features and enhancements to new and existing .NET client/server applications, using mainly C#.
- Working closely with other team members in all areas of software development including requirements analysis, planning, object model design, database schema design, root-cause analysis, deployment, testing, and, of course, programming. testing, and, of course, programming.
- Actively participating in team processes and use of methodologies, including customized flavors of Agile and Extreme/Lean Programming.
- Learning and applying XP practices to daily development including: Story Estimation, Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Iterative Development.
Education and Experience:
- Experience as member of multi-person software development team.
- Experience with the product lifecycle and strong understanding of the role of methodology/frameworks
- Proficient in object-oriented design and programming techniques
- Experience in test driven development
- Experienced in HTML 5, CSS 3, JQuery, AJAX, JSON, enjoys working on front-end
- Experience creating applications using technologies such as C#, OOP, ASP.NET MVC 4, SQL Server 2008, JQuery, AJAX, HTML 5, CSS 3, Entity Framework, IIS 7.5, ASP.NET Web API and NoSQL are a plus.
- Experience with message-oriented systems and ESB technologies is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Powershell, NUnit, ORM technologies, CruiseControl.Net experience a strong plus
- Agile development experience is a strong, strong plus.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7 -10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in web and Windows application development and at least 3 years of experience in .NET application development, including C#.