Sr Specialist-Technology Security
The selected candidate will play a critical role within the Network Security field by providing critical Tier1 support for large commercial and government customers from within the 24x7 Security Operations Center.
SR SPECIALIST-TECHNOLOGY SECURITY
Seeking experienced security operations incident responders to manage confidentiality, integrity, and availability of internal and customer-facing networks and protection of vital information from cyber adversaries. Team member will provide Tier 1 support for the Security Operations Center located at the AT&T Virginia facility. This position involves managing security incident response lifecycles that include alerting, triaging, responding, reporting, coordinating, and communicating with internal and external security and network operations stakeholders on a 24x7x365 basis. Responsibilities: Be the first responder for cyber-security incidents identified through security event management tools.
Confirm validity of identified incidents include alert/advisory technical analysis, incident response support and continual analysis of data looking for indicators of potential/impending security events. Includes constant all source monitoring,
phone hot line response, security mailbox response, security alert management and response, advisory monitoring, etc. Other critical activities include the identification, research and reporting on security trends and anomalies. Participate in the improvement and or development of Security Monitoring and Incident Response process and procedures documentation.
Requirements: The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, customer-focused, team player, flexible shift worker, and be able to coordinate and collaborate on multiple issues simultaneously with many stakeholders. As the face of AT&T for
multiple programs, the candidate function requires thorough understanding, visibility, and management of customer accounts. The incident responder must provide first call resolution by solving top level customer issues to enhance
customer experience and prevent escalation when not required. Multiple program differentiation and operating in a 24x7x365 faced-paced environment requires precise management of customer interaction and experience on a range of functional issue areas. When escalation is needed, the candidate must be able to coordinate with program management and other operations centers to create a seamless customer experience. The candidate must maintain visibility of all active security-related customer issues and follow up with escalation centers on each issue through resolution. Candidate must be capable of working with other operations and analysis team members closely to maintain maximum awareness of customer account information and standard issue requests on a per-customer basis. Candidate must have experience with ticket or case management platforms and other coordination systems.
Foremost, candidate must possess exceptional customer experience skills, be committed to understanding the customer needs, and then taking appropriate steps to meeting those needs. Candidate must have relevant networking experience (e.g. TCP/IP stack, DNS, BGP, metadata, IDS/IPS) and be able to coordinate with other security teams in areas such as security event identification, known threat validation and analysis, and network vulnerability analysis and reporting.
KNOWLEDGE Has expanded technical knowledge in own discipline/specialty area. Applies broader knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards to work assignments. Sound understanding of 1-2 specific ATT technologies/systems/procedures. Deepens technical knowledge through exposure and continuous learning.
ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Identifies problems/issues. Solves non-routine problems by independently applying judgment to established analysis and standard approaches. Integrates/evaluates multiple factors to develop creative practical solutions.
INDEPENDENCE Guided by project and work deadlines; sets own priorities. Uses discretion to complete assignments; independently applies knowledge of technical practices and specialty area standards. Independently completes assignments; participates in diverse projects.
CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Supports technical initiatives normally as part of a larger project. Works on new technologies development and/or existing technologies maintenance. Contributes to milestone project completion.
COMMUNICATION Exchanges complex technical information. Provides training/guidance to others in work area breaking down information in a systematic/logical manner. Cultivates good peer working relationships.
This position is located in Herndon, VA only.
Required skills and experience:
- 1-3 years experience in IT security
- 3 year of relevant cyber security experience
- Experience with ticket or case management platforms and other coordination systems.
- Experience coordinating with other security teams in areas such as security event identification, known threat validation and analysis, and network vulnerability analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge in application security standards and process.
- Proficient in database security.
- Knowledge in identity and access management (access control and provisioning, theft tactics, etc.)
- Knowledge in network architecture and infrastructure components (Carrier-based network routers and switches, IPv6, etc.)
- Knowledge in business continuity and disaster recovery (planning, etc.)
- Knowledge in anti-virus (McAfee, Messagelabs, etc.)
- Proficient in Cloud Computing (Internet data center architectures, hosting and application services, etc.).
- Excellent communications skills, that include the ability to follow incident processes and procedures, provide formal documentation of analysis and editing at a technical/professional level, are required.
- Must be flexible with work hours and able to work eight-hour shifts to meet mission needs.
Desired skills, experience and education:
- Bachelors degree in the field of Computers, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred
- Security+, GCIA, CEH, CIH, or CISSP certification is preferred.
- Must be willing to get and be able to maintain a TS/SCI clearance
AT&T - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...