Illumina’s genetic sequencing technology has reduced the price of sequencing a human genome by 5 orders of magnitude. The resulting explosion in genetic data is stretching the limits of Big Data and will change the way we deliver health care.
Building software to house, analyze, and explore this deluge of data is an amazing challenge for talented software designers. We are looking for senior-level engineers to help build Cloud based software solutions that decipher the essence of biological structure and human disease. We are the world leader in genetic analysis — and we would like your software to help power the Cloud.
This leadership position is an opportunity to design and architect cutting edge Cloud based web computing solutions that push Big Data to its limits. Your team’s software will be used by tens of thousands of scientists to research and develop the future of medicine. Join our collaborative, friendly, and professional development teams and help us forge the future.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent software development experience
- 10+ years’ demonstrated experience in the following:
- Leadership or management of a team of software developers
- Ability to deliver and operate idependently
- Java-based web applications
- Spring Framework
- Relational database technologies such as MySQL
- Experience developing robust production code in an object-oriented language and architecting complex software systems in an enterprise environment
- Experience using latest Web technologies such as Angular.js, HTML5, CSS3, and single-page apps.
- A love for Lean and Scrum
- Demonstrated success leading and mentoring other software developers
- Good skills managing up and down
- The ability to identify areas for improvement and innovation, build consensus, and lead the work
- Passion for clean code, loose coupling, and simple architectures
The perfect candidate also has:
- Experience in genetics or bioinformatics
- Polyglot experience: Groovy, Python, Ruby
- DevOps experience with Puppet or Chef, Vagrant, experience implementing or using Continuous Delivery, etc.
- Big Data skills including Hadoop, Spark, Solr, Lucene
- Experience with TDD, BDD, or executable requirements
) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.
Illumina, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...