Sr Supply Chain Analyst
The responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Under limited supervision, developing and enhancing the supply chain.
- Coordinating sourcing decisions and cost management strategies in support of both purchasing and program management at multiple North American facilities.
- Working in conjunction with purchasing and program management to make recommendations and/or take appropriate actions to actively impact and augment current sourcing strategies and cost structures.
- Using a variety of tools and systems, which include Oracle, Excel and Access.
- Interfacing with the supply base, supply chain peers and plant level teams to develop strategies, best practices and process standardization, for key supply chain focus areas, to include material cost optimization and inventory management.
- Performing extensive data analysis and interpretation to make recommendations and enhancements which positively impact purchasing and program management activity.
- Working with purchasing and program management to coordinate material pricing and inventory management for customer base across a region.
- Driving Purchase Price Variance (PPV) maximization within the region and ensuring that all unfavorable PPV is accounted for and recovered.
- Preparing reports on areas of responsibility and ensuring proper tracking and adherence to supply chain guidelines throughout the region.
- Training and monitoring assigned company locations/plants on standard supply chain procedures, and expectations on all issues related to cost management and profit maximization.
To be considered for this position, a candidate will possess, and demonstrate, the following education, skills, experience and characteristics:
- Minimum of an Associates degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Business or similar. Bachelor’s a plus. May consider relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 8+ years’ related experience in a Supply Chain Analyst role
- Demonstrated negotiating skills
- Strong aptitude for numerical and other business analysis
- Ability to manage assigned projects to completion
- Solid computer literacy to include Word, Excel, Project. Experience with Oracle is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- 19 months ago - save job