ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision – Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work—their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it’s an opportunity to help change the world...
We are looking for a Seattle/Bellevue-based Systems Engineer to partner with a Named Account Manager in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Juniper solutions. In addition to technical aptitude and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence in customers, partners and the Juniper team. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive sales environment is essential.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Provide technical sales support for named accounts in Seattle/Bellevue and surrounding areas.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships with IT decision makers within assigned named accounts.
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Communicate highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits to customer and prospects.
- Develop compelling, secure and scalable Juniper network designs (including detailed bills of materials and network diagrams) to meet specific customer needs.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
This White Paper provides a good view of the solutions that a Juniper SE needs to be master of:
- A strong, successful pre-sales engineering track record (7+ years) in the data network and network security industry with large enterprise customers in the Puget Sound area.
- Expert-level knowledge of Juniper Enterprise solutions, product line specifications, and performance criteria, in addition to competitors’ solutions and, industry standards and consortiums (IETF, IEEE,TCG),
- Advanced, in-depth, (hands-on and conceptual) LAN and data center switching, IP routing, and network security (firewall, VPN, IPS) understanding and design expertise. Professional-level certifications (JNCIP or equivalent and above) are expected.
- MPLS/VPLS knowledge and experience is highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills are required for this fast paced position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member.
- BS-level education in electrical engineering or computer science is strongly preferred.
We offer very market competitive benefits i.e. Base, Commission, Equity, 401k, ESPP, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, PTO (15 days accrual 1st yr), 12 Paid Holidays, EAP, Credit Union, Child/Elderly Care, Tuition Reimbursement, and Green commute incentives.
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please review job description and requirements before applying.
LOCAL candidates only.
Juniper Networks has blossomed in a landscape dominated by Cisco. The company designs and sells network infrastructure equipment used to...