Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), voted one of FORTUNE's '100 Fastest-Growing Companies', is a leading provider of automated retail solutions offering convenient services that make life easier for consumers and drive incremental traffic and revenue for retailers. The company’s core automated retail businesses include the well-known Redbox® self-service DVD rental and Coinstar® self-service coin-counting brands. The company has approximately 27,000 DVD kiosks and 19,000 coin-counting kiosks in supermarkets, drug stores, mass merchants, financial institutions, convenience stores, and restaurants. For more information, visit www.coinstarinc.com .
Sr webMethods Engineer (Admin)
The right candidate will have excellent technical and people skills. We are looking for a team player to be the technical lead webMethods Engineer with a strong blend of technical and functional skills. The mission is to implement, support and extend our high profile Software AG webMethods ESB and associated systems. Duties will be comprised of routine administration, platform monitoring and diagnostics, developer and project support, and ensuring adherence to architecture and governance standards.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
Qualifications & Experience :
- Configuring and administering a complex webMethods environment consisting of the following components:
- webMethods 8.2; including Integration Server, Mediator, Broker (Clients, Queues and Triggers) and My webMethods Server
- Optimize for Infrastructure
- Technology Adapters; including SAP, MSMQ, Lotus Notes, Remedy and JDBC
- Play a Lead role in Administration / maintenance activities of webMethods platform.
- Work across teams to ensure the highest level platform performance, availability and disaster recovery
- Maintain infrastructure of all related systems within the platform and ensure the team meets their service level agreements
- Scheduling, testing and deploying regular patches to multiple environments
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including IT management, development teams and end users.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation for supported systems including architecture diagrams and technical specifications
- Champion governance and usage guidelines for all Software AG environments and create/maintain processes related to those initiatives
- Work closely with our development groups to analyze, develop and implement appropriate SOA-based solutions
- Evaluate, suggest and support third party SOA related software
- Will be required to be available for afterhours and weekend on-call if needed
(Knowledge of IDocs, RFCs, BAPIs, and adapter configuration within webMethods)
- At least 5 years work experience (or equivalent combination of work and education) with a deep level understanding of webMethods Software Components; their architecture, interrelationships, and configuration
- ERP: SAP
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- Enterprise Integration Patterns: General Concepts
- Standard Transport and Messaging Protocols:
- (Knowledge of FTP/SFTP/FTPS, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, SOAP, JMS, etc.)
- Java and JVMs: Sun 1.5 and 1.6
- (Concepts and Configuration)
- Security: ACLs, LDAP, SSL and Cert Management
- XML: General Concepts, Schemas
- Web Services: SOA concepts, SOAP Protocol, WSDLs, WS-Security
- High Availability Architectural Concepts: Clustering, Load balancing, Failover, Monitoring, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective technical writing and documentation skills
- Strong organization and communications skills; must clearly communicate technical issues and resolutions to key stakeholders, both orally as well as in writing.
- Business analysis and business process understanding.
- Exposure to work effort estimating, hardware and/or software configuration
- Ability to work within strictly defined governance, compliance, and regulatory guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Familiarity with Change Management and controlled Promote-to-Test (PTT) and Promote-to-Production (PTP) procedures
- Experience with ITIL incident and problem management concepts and processes
- Awareness of Microsoft SQL 2000 – 2008 R2 administration and T-SQL querying
sologig - 16 months ago