More About HCA.....
- For a fifth consecutive year HCA has earned national recognition as one of the best workplaces for information technology professionals. HCA ranked No. 42 on
’s 2013 "Best Places to Work in Information Technology" list of 100 companies.
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Sr. Technical Analyst implements and supports a broad range of facility-based IT&S equipment. As the key technical service resource within the facility, the Sr. Technical Analyst is responsible for the set-up and repair of facility-based, end-user infrastructure and resolution of desktop incidents and requests reported by facility users to the service desk. Advanced hands-on technical support is provided across a broad range of technical areas. Problems beyond the scope of ability or responsibility are communicated in a timely manner to appropriate division-level support staff. The Sr. Technical Analyst participates in 24x7 on-call support with other members of the division staff. The Sr. Technical Analyst adheres to and supports HCA IT policies and procedures, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of facility-based IT equipment. The Sr. Technical Analyst assists with facility-based project planning, strategic planning, and supplements on-site support to technical resources, as needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Implements and supports the broadest range of facility-based IT&S equipment, including but not limited to network equipment, servers, terminals, personal computers, printers, cabling, related software products
- Provides advanced, hands-on technical support across a broad range of technical user problems; repairs equipment and performs preventative maintenance
- Communicates and escalates incidents and requests beyond scope of ability to senior service resources
- Logs and tracks incidents and requests; reviews incident and request tracking databases
- Provides 24x7 on-call support based on division IT staff rotation, and carries a pager as warranted
- Investigates hardware problems and performs minor system hardware and communication connection repairs
- Acts as facility lead on technical project implementations; coordinates infrastructure-based needs for facilitybased new construction
- Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education to improve individual, departmental and organizational performance
- Aids and trains users on proper use of division and/or facility technology
- Mentors and trains Division Technical Analysts
- Participates in facility-based IT project planning, as needed
- Effectively works with division and corporate IT&S personnel to ensure that division priorities an standards are achieved
- Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies and procedures
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technology and solutions
- Proactively manages resources and priorities workload
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; Possesses strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated customer orientation; strength in analytical, math, and reasoning skills
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications
- Provides onsite technology support on projects
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or healthcare-related field is preferred
- Two years of broad technical experience required
- Basic certification in Cisco equipment or Microsoft Products is highly desirable
- Valid state drivers license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
At HCA Gulf Coast Division, our employees and physicians take the time to listen and thoroughly understand each of our patient’s...