As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Provides basic first-tier support & problem resolution for technology products and/or applications. Interacts with customers, to troubleshoot and resolve basic hardware, software and performance problems and access issues for customers using mainframe, LANs, PCs and printers.
- Assist with setup and configuration of desktop hardware and software and local and network printers. Serves as a liaison between employees and appropriate technical business unit by communicating with those units on the full range of installations, problems, resolutions, and system upgrades. May utilize administrator applications to remotely isolate, define and resolve customer problems, depending on area of assignment.
- Provides Tier 1 support and routine problem resolution. Verifies group memberships that provide access to applications and systems across the customer. Resolves routine access problems for applications and shared data across customer. Reports unresolved problems to appropriate technical personnel; may serve as liaison between employees and technical units. Troubleshoots configuration of accounts on multiple customer networks.
- Reports unresolved Tier 1 or Tier 2 software or hardware repairs through appropriate channels. Maintains records on customer requests and resolutions via Lotus Notes or other electronic database systems. Applies established priority levels to customer requests for service to ensure business objectives are met.
- Must be willing to work midnight shift
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...