Standard Job Description :
This position will be a member of the systems engineering team on the GPS SE&I contract and will be located in El Segundo, CA. The candidate will collaborate directly with management, engineers and customers. The candidate will support programs within the SI Organization’s National Security Space Group
The position will be in the verification/transition/logistics group and primarily support system testing, transitions, and SI demos for all aspects of the GPS enterprise (i.e. space, ground, user). The candidate will support analysis and demonstrations that are targeted to identify issues of interface compatibility and system functionality across the segments, then managing and coordinating these issues and working those issues to closure.
The candidate will use systems engineering expertise, techniques and processes to support and in some cases lead the development and execution of the transition of GPS OCX to operations and sustainment. The candidate will support activities outlined in the E-TEMP and the SI demo master plan, execution of space/user transition testing, and execution of other risk reduction activities (ex. application of lessons learned and process improvements). The candidate will coordinate with stakeholders to create and evolve transition and testing plans including staffing, facilities, resource availability and training. Tasking will include analyzing contractor ground support equipment, launch and test procedures. Tasks also include identifying, managing, and coordinating issues found and working these issues to closure, various aspects of requirement verification and document maintenance/creation, understanding the complex architecture of the enterprise and schedule interdependencies of the segments, conducting trades studies and analyses as needed, capturing concerns and issues from contractor technical reviews, ensuring that findings are properly addressed, and some support to test vectors and the DR cycle. This position requires direct coordination with the customer and the SI verification/transition/logistics lead.
Required Skills :
• Typically, a minimum of 14-19 years of working experience; BS and 14 years of related experience or MS and 9 years of related experience or PhD and 5 years of related experience
• This position requires prior experience supporting GPS or related space programs.
• Systems Engineering experience and an understanding of the systems engineering “V”
• The ability to perform on time-sensitive projects
• The ability to understand complex issues, to work with a team to develop closure plans
• Excellent customer collaboration and coordination skills
• The ability to integrate with other organizations/teams both government and contractor lead to ensure that cohesive analysis and solution are defined
• Ability to develop and maintain a highly effective working relationship with the customer
• Ability to clearly define areas for improvement and proactive application of process improvements / lessons learned
• Prior experience with the SMC
El Segundo, CA
The SI Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D.