Babson Capital Management has an opening in the Information Technology (IT) area for a systems analyst that is based out of Springfield, MA, supporting Babson Capital’s Research, Trading and Portfolio Management groups. The position requires strong knowledge of investment systems, across a wide array of asset classes (e.g. high yield bank loans, derivatives, fixed income instruments, etc.). The candidate will work directly with business partners through the systems development lifecycle, from the requirements gathering stage through post implementation support. In addition, the candidate will work closely on a team with IT personnel to develop/enhance applications.
Skill Sets Required:
- Analyze, code, test, implement and support 3rd party packages and internal applications that are vital to the Credit, Trading and Portfolio Management businesses.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Support production applications and participate in system development projects.
- Resolve production issues including conducting system production on-call responsibilities.
- Work independently with users, as well as, with a systems team to program application changes.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Write specifications for new applications or changes to existing applications based on business needs.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- XML/ XPath/ XSLT technologies
- Microsoft SQL 2008 Server and T-Sql skills including: Functions, Stored Procedures, and Advanced Query Writing
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft SSRS
- IBM Tivoli or use of another scheduler product.
- Black Mountain System’s Everest application experience preferred but not required.
- Comprehension of credit servicing model, trade workflows, and portfolio management functions.
- Working knowledge of the leveraged loan market, CLO/structured credit market.
- Experience with system development life cycle for application development
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, IT personal, and subject matter experts.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a systems developer within the investment management industry..
Babson Capital Management - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard