There’s more than one way to move a company forward. You can focus on advancing your own career or on advancing the entire organization. At Verizon, we look for individuals who can approach both with equal enthusiasm.
The role of Sr. Account Executive is responsible for strategic solution-based sales to an assigned enterprise account base to meet/exceed all business/sales targets. Strategic services Solutions are characterized by a complex combination of technical, business, financial, and human resource issues related to the strategic and tactical direction of customers. The Sr. Account Executive is responsible for building C-Level relationships in an effort to execute their global strategic plans with a team of sales, service, and solution engineers to ensure account growth and optimum customer satisfaction. The purpose of this position is to further develop existing business and executive level client relationships, cultivate new relationships, align with IT and Business Groups to uncover new opportunities, develop solutions and sell strategic services, to include Network, IP Telephony, Data Center solutions including Cloud Computing, Managed Services, Security Services, Call Center Solutions, and CPE offerings.
It is critical for the Sr. Account Executive to be a team leader, an astute business person, have exceptional business insight, show executive/boardroom presence, and have outstanding judgment. This position will:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Develop and manage local executive relationships, and provide leadership to the other team members in relation to the Enterprise Business Segment.
- Develops strategic plans based on industry trending and customer analysis, which includes preparing executive profiles, and continuous study of assigned accounts' industry, business and trends.
- Develop a version of the Strategic Plan to share with customers to solicit their input and have them gain a sense of joint ownership of the Plan.
- Prepares sales forecasts, account status reports, and recommendations to enhance account growth and revenue potential
- Participates in contract negotiations.
- Develops creative and customized package of new applications and services.
- Requires an understanding of Verizon Business services/products and network.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, 7+ year’s successful strategic/solutions and/or systems integration sales experience or related discipline. Must be able to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area as such, managerial experience a plus.
The preferred candidate must have demonstrated in previous roles, strong leadership skills and an ability to operate in positions requiring significant self-direction and motivation. A proven track record in consultative selling solutions, in addition to broad knowledge and expertise in the industry, the ideal candidate:
The preferred candidate must also be able to manage multiple priorities, develop strong relationships within assigned accounts, and:
- Able to effectively and consistently vocalize/present value/benefits of a VzB Outsourced solution.
- Establishes "C" level contact within Accts/Opptys and demonstrates a detailed understanding of both the customers' sector and business drivers/challenges. Has good understanding of Solutions Selling methodology and tools and applies these regularly to both gain a better understanding of the customers' environment and manage the relationship.
- Understands effective negotiation techniques and seeks to apply them in most situations. Is focused on achieving mutually beneficial, "win-win" results and is alert to customer buying signals and identifies and acts on closing opportunities.
- Creates and maintains detailed and accurate Account/Oppty plans and reviews/updates and communicates these on a regular basis.
- Has clear strategy and set of objectives where relevant.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Articulate client business value with consultative selling approaches
- Understand the delivery implications of consulting opportunities and sell solutions that Verizon Business can deliver
- Assist with developing proposals and oral presentations
- Work in a highly ambiguous, dynamic environment with a proven ability to balance competing demands and priorities as well as operate independently while building a successful sales pipeline/channel
- Team with Verizon Business colleagues and vendors to develop creative solution
- Promote cross-brand solutions to promote the overall Verizon Business portfolio requiring an understanding of VzB and VzW offerings.
- Understand key partner and competitor offerings which overlap the VzB solution space
- Must have proven track record of exceeding annual revenue plan.
Excellent communication skills, able to interact with C-Level executives, polished and professional, ability to work effectively on their own and work well under tight deadlines. Able to effectively work on multiple projects at a time. Must be organized. Negotiation skills required. Must be able to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team/company objectives.
***Note to Reader...Please update your resume before submitting to ensure your qualifications are CLEARLY indicated on your resume and that they meet the REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE listed in this job description.***
Want to make your mark, both as a team member and as an individual? Verizon could be just the place for you. Apply right away for this exceptional opportunity.
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 21 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...