1) Cash Operations - which can include but is not limited to FRB, Transit, Inclearings, ACH, Settlement, and In-House check reconciliation.
2) Deposit Accounts – Correspondent and / or In-House account s.
3) General Ledger – various control, clearing and suspense accounts
Federal and State Withholding; reconciliation of G/L, settlement account and remittance to Federal and State
4) Reconciles and prepares assigned In-House bank accounts for stale dated checks and state escheatment
5) Maintain Excel models to generate monthly financial reports and variance to budget analyses
6) Monitoring the quality and accuracy of all related activities
7) Compile, review, analyze and document business transactions and financial information
8) Research and determine necessary documentation to support findings and recommend possible resolutions
9) Prepare and review financial information to determine present and future financial performance
10) Review, investigate, identify, document, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, reports, and software program entries
11) Investigate and determine potential impact of various activities on the financial statements
12) Prepare periodic account reconciliations and research outstanding balances
- Bachelors degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field
- Three (3) years minimum of general accounting experience in financial institution.
- One (1) year minimum experience in bank reconcilement.
- Working knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Excellent MS Office Skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate and perform diverse tasks simultaneously within stringent time frames
- Extremely detail oriented and possess excellent organization skills.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting and maintaining good working relations with staff