Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a publicly traded, independent company. We are in the process of building a world class Accounting and Finance organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking accounting and finance professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
Senior Accountant-General Ledger
Orchard Supply Hardware is looking for a Senior Accountant-General Ledger that will work within the Controller’s organization and is responsible for the overall accuracy of the Orchard’s fixed asset and capital leasing records. This position also compiles the company’s forecast and annual capital expense and monitors and communicates variances between monthly actual and projected capital spending. Additionally, this position is a key player in implementing improvements to enhance our Lawson accounting system.
- Perform general month-end close responsibilities and prepare account reconciliations.
- Manage and work collaboratively with all business units to continue, improve and develop reporting procedures that facilitate senior management’s decision-making.
- Manage the accounting procedures to organize and lead all business reporting discussions.
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the assigned area and within the organization as a whole.
- Analyze weekly/monthly variances and take appropriate corrective actions when warranted.
- Review and analyze month-end reports to identify areas requiring additional follow-up research.
- Prepare schedules for annual audits and quarterly reviews.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience
· Active CPA preferred
· 3-5 years progressive Accounting experience in a detail oriented, high volume business
· Experience with accounting software
· Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and able to document processes for internal controls
· Experience working for a Big 4 accounting firm is a plus.
Desired Abilities and Competencies
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
· Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
· Ability to work under pressure with strict time constraints
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Proficiency in the use of database tools
· Ability to manage effectively in a changing environment
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Hunger for learning and growth
· High energy
Orchard Supply Hardware - 11 months ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...