Luminant, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings , formerly TXU Corp., is the largest competitive power generation business in Texas. Luminant is the largest power generator in Texas. Its operations also include mining, wholesale marketing and trading, and development. Luminant has more than 15,400 megawatts of generation, including 2,300 MW fueled by nuclear power and 8,000 MW fueled by coal. The company is one of the largest purchasers of wind-generated electricity in Texas and the nation. Luminant has mined and restored over 60,000 acres and planted over 25 million trees in a land-reclamation program that has been recognized with over 120 awards for environmental conservation. At Luminant, we are committed to improving our environment by serving our customers and communities through more efficient- and cleaner sources of energy. We are also committed to our values of honesty and integrity, mutual respect, innovation, competitive spirit and diversity.
Sr. Administrative Assistant - Oak Grove Power Plant
- Provides the principal secretarial and administrative support to Luminant Power Southern Region Vice President, in conjunction to organization or department.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Provides secretarial and administrative support Director or Vice President and entire staff
- Maintains the calendar; coordinates meetings and schedules conference rooms and equipment.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for various department employees.
- Generates correspondence such as letters and memos with minimal general direction.
- Gathers, compiles and summarizes information for various special projects and conducts special studies as required.
- Prepares expense reports and processes invoices and monthly corporate credit card statements.
- Generates word processing, spreadsheet and Power Point presentations.
- Maintains departmental files and pertinent employee records.
- Coordinates general and training meeting arrangements.
- Answers all incoming calls for Director or Vice President in his/her absence.
- Orders supplies for the departments.
- Handles confidential information.
- Distributes internal and external mail.
- Schedules maintenance for equipment such as fax machine, printers and computers in working order
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 years of secretarial or administrative support experience.
- Knowledge of company operations, policies and procedures.
- Experience in Lotus Notes and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, Lotus Notes and Internet/Intranet applications.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple project and assignments simultaneously.
- Occasional long, irregular hours.
- Use of a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone more than 6 hours a day.
- Occasional travel between facilities.
- Occasional bending, twisting, crouching, pulling, pushing, and/or reaching to access job-related materials.
- Open workspace office environment
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
Energy Future Holdings
- 2 years ago - save job