THIS JOB IS UNDER REVIEW BY TOTAL COMPENSATION AND AS A RESULT THE FLSA STATUS MAY CHANGE.
Collects data and provides analyses for a broad array of healthcare redesign issues across disciplines and functional areas. Has sole responsibility for some small to medium size analytical projects. Works under limited supervision. May be dedicated to a single department or business unit.
• Assists in the identification of key healthcare redesign business issues and the design of analytic approaches
• Conducts research on identified key healthcare redesign business issues
• Provides oversight and direction to analysts and assigned components of project work
• Evaluates and distills analyses conducted by other departments and/or outside consultants
• Assists in developing and utilizing data gathering tools, such as surveys/questionnaires, work sampling, financial modeling, and/or interview questions, to ensure that appropriate quantitative and qualitative data is gathered for the analyses
• Extracts data for analysis and interpretation
• Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses on a broad array of issues across disciplines, projects, and functional areas
• Structures and executes analysis independently
• Prepares preliminary interpretations of analyses for project teams, clients, and/or department management
• Recommends suggested action steps based on the analytic results
• Prepares reports synthesizing analytical results, highlighting implications of findings
• Follows through any further actions based on the results using sound business judgment
• Assists in the development of project proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the assigned projects
• Contributes to practice development and department administration including, recruiting, debriefing on training, and developing thought pieces on topics like change management
• May provide input to performance reviews of others in department
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in business administration, economics, operations research, public health administration, or other related field.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• Typically three (3) or more years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required.
• Health care experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to identify issues and propose methodological solutions.
• Synthesizes analyses well, highlights implications of findings.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
• Possesses technical expertise in some areas.
• Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal, and presentation.
• Proficient with PC applications including spreadsheet, word processing, and graphics packages.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...