Warner Music Group: With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Department Description: The department is responsible for financial reporting and financial analysis to provide accurate reporting of royalties on WMG’s financial statements
High Level Job Description: Royalties related financial record keeping, recording, analysis and reconciliations to the general ledger, corporate consolidation system and audited financial statements
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Assist with ECL (legacy interfaces for copyright (Mthly &Quarterly)
- Perform sap error handling
- Work with operations on various expense analyses and top sellers– artist and copyright (physical, digital and MUR)
- Prepare financial adjustments
- Prepare b/s lead schedules
- Perform account reconciliations – artist and copyright
- Prepare Quarterly Financial Binders
- Analyze weekly top seller reports
- Prepare for label finance meetings
- Assist with external auditors request
- Special Projects as needed
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of financial systems and software (SAP a plus)
- Proficient with MS office ( Excel, Access, Power-Point and Word)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be a team player
- 3 to 4 years of Accounting experience
- B.S. or B.A. Degree in finance or accounting. CPA a plus
- Royalty accounting experience a plus
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.
Warner Music Group - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -