Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services (NTHFS) is a leading provider of administration and middle office services for hedge funds and institutional investors with complex portfolios. Created through Northern Trust’s acquisition of Omnium from Citadel in 2011, NTHFS provides industry-leading services that are changing the relationship between investment managers and their administrators though powerful technology, real-time transparency into daily operations activities, and the ability to support any asset class or strategy. Our services are setting new standards for quality, capability, and service, and the industry is taking note.
NTHFS' services are supplemented by an expert professional staff that understands the industry and their clients, as well as the scale, stability, and financial strength of one of the world's most respected financial institutions.
Our mission is to deliver Operational Alpha™: positioning clients for success by giving them the ability to focus on managing their portfolios.
NTHFS is growing rapidly, with clients and personnel more than doubling over the past 24 months. Managing that growth effectively requires disciplined change management across a wide spectrum of initiatives. This position will be a part of the Project Management Office (PMO), which acts as a shared resource across NTHFS senior management to execute an ambitious agenda for growth and change. The role is heavy on cross-functional work within Hedge Fund Services and throughout Northern Trust, and will have significant interaction with the CEO and senior executives. Members of the PMO provide financial, analytical, and decision-making support for various external and internal strategic initiatives. This position reports to the Chief Administration Officer of Hedge Fund Services.
• Strong intellectual curiosity
• Crisp and thorough writing and presentation skills
• Self-starter, organized, good time management
• Thrives in fast-paced environments
• Comfort in working through issues with complexity and ambiguity
• Thoughtful listener
• Builds strong relationships and coalitions;
• Ability to navigate organizations and leverage subject matter experts
• Comfort engaging with and influencing senior executives
• Strong desire to drive projects to completion. Identifies issues and recommends solutions
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to support business decisions
• Knowledge of alternative asset management, capital markets, or asset servicing preferred but not required
• Acts as Lead PMO resource for one or more strategic initiatives (e.g., Financial Management, Risk & Control, Client Management, KPI Optimization, Service Offerings, Marketing). Supports workstream leaders and existing governance to document and disseminate key activities.
• Documents, coordinates, and communicates HFS business initiatives, facilitating management visibility, prioritization, and execution.
• Maintains docket of action items within each workstream, coordinating with executives and subject matter experts to drive progress, escalate issues, and achieve closure on priorities.
• Develop business intelligence on competition, markets, and trends; provide financial analysis
• Works on ad hoc strategy and change management projects as required
• 4-7 years of work experience, preferably including project management, financial analysis, and presentations
• Experience working on strategic plans related to new growth initiatives, change management, operations. and/or sales
• Prior experience working in a consulting, strategy, or accounting role is a plus
Northern Trust Corp. - 18 months ago
Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary...