Comcast Corporation is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. A Fortune 39 Corporation, Comcast is the largest cable and broadband provider in the U.S. and the 3rd largest phone company. With the recent acquisition of a controlling stake of NBCUniversal in January 2011, it has created one of the world's largest media and entertainment companies. Comcast Cable operates in 39 states, with $39B in revenues and is revolutionizing the way we communicate content, information, and data to our customers.' The Dotcom division is the online division of Comcast Corporation and is integral to helping the parent company achieve this vision.
Dotcom is an entrepreneurial, fast growing organization within Comcast. Working within this division provides an entrepreneurial environment under the guise of larger corporation - a truly unique structure. The Strategy & Analytics group within Dotcom is looking for a Senior Analyst that can help take our analytics to the next level and beyond just basic reporting. One such path is to help create and devise our predictive modeling strategy. This position will also be integral in helping to create, implement, and support a testing and optimization strategy for the entire Dotcom platform involving both basic A/B testing as well as multivariate testing. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker, a self-starter, an excellent communicator, and heavy experience with statistics.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of the strategy for testing & optimization that incorporates the needs of all the various Dotcom stakeholders.
- Create strategy and results presentations based on the Testing & Optimization Strategy to be presented to the broader Dotcom senior Leadership team.
- Work with the Strategy and Analytics team to create the roadmap for how to utilize predictive modeling.
- Work with our offshore reporting team to improve the sophistication and granularity of our reporting.
- Key point of contact between the Analytics Team and our Outside Testing and Optimization Vendor.
- Instrumental in driving the weekly reporting on self-service activity on a national, divisional, and regional level.
- Help build relationships across the Dotcom Division and across Comcast Corporation as a whole that help to advance the initiatives of the Strategy & Analytics team.
- Work with Dotcom senior management to take identified marketing initiatives and/or problems and develop technology support for the program or solution.
- Operational lead on development acceptance testing and quality control activities.
- Troubleshoots data issues and ensures integrity of the database logic and transformations monitor for performance/accuracy.
- Develop new solutions or processes to improve database efficiencies or to automate the correction of identified data discrepancies.
- Define, recommend, author, and implement technical standards, metrics, and best practices.
- Provide in-depth data reconciliation between various company-wide data stores and systems.
- Work with internal IT (local and corporate), users, external vendors and systems designers/ developers to develop new system functionality.
- Assist in the development of system requirements and database development/enhancements to support new analytic, operational, and reporting applications.
- Maintain production related database processes and reference tables for the database, as well as develop processes to ensure data integrity and alignment across the analytic and marketing databases.
- Work with business leads to develop, test, rollout and monitor new database functionality to ensure support of field and corporate direct marketing practices, campaign design & execution, test & control procedures, and measurement techniques.
- Play a supporting role in the development and execution of a data and technology roadmap.
- Provides periodic written and/or verbal reports and statuses on progress of projects.
- Occasional travel required, willingness to work closely with others in supporting end-user s and vendors.
- Creative, self-motivated team player willing to take the lead to develop cutting-edge solutions.
- Demonstrated clear and effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and uses resolution skills to influence work efforts to win-win environments.
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Marketing, Economics, Computer Science or a related field. The equivalent in related work experience and self study may be substituted.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with a highly analytical focus (e.g., web analytics, financial services).
- Telecommunications and/or Media experience a plus.
- Strong Excel skills necessary. Familiarity with the use of macros in Excel a plus.
- Knowledge of Statistical Concepts and software a plus (Minitab, R, SPSS).
- Knowledge of various web analytics tools a plus (e.g., Site Catalyst, Discover, Insight, Test & Target).
- 3+ years of experience with either financial modeling, data mining, statistics.
- 3+ years of experience with creation and utilization of PowerPoint presentations with a strategic focus.
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating results from in-depth analysis to business unit leaders that will help them make strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated proficiency with database marketing practices and tools.
- Demonstrated business process modeling and requirements definition.
recommends changes to management.
- Provides weekly, monthly, and annual reports. Provides special reports and analyses to support the business as necessary.
- Supports efforts to maintain accurate master data. Extracts data and provides analysis of master and transactional data.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure data integrity.
- Identifies issues, analyzes available data and information, and
strategic decision making.
- Creates and maintains multiple operational reporting tools.
- Provides analytical support of actual results against budget and feasibility of proposed business strategies.
- Consolidates data reports and delivers to help drive data-based
- Provides analysis prior to and following any recommended changes.
- May create and maintain compliance reports that identify discrepancies within the Company's billing systems.
- May conduct regular HRIS maintenance and audits to ensure the quality of data integrity.
- May ensure that all employee records in the HRIS databases are accurately updated in a timely fashion.
- Provides user feedback to management and helps influence future systems enhancements.
- May provide guidance and direction on complex HRIS transactions.
- Ensures accuracy of data through partnerships with team members. Provides day-to-day validation and spot checks.
- May prepare reports to be used by other departments to correct billing issues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast - 11 months ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...