Sr. Mobile Android Software Engineer (FOX Sports Mobile)
Playa Vista, California
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your skills, expertise and enthusiasm at an important point in the growth of one of the world's leading mobile sports destinations. You will design and develop exciting new sports applications and enhance current products with leading-edge mobile applications.
We are looking for someone who has a solid technical foundation and cares deeply about the quality of their products. If you have a technical background and like sports, there is no better place in the world than to work than FOX Sports.
A successful individual will take great ownership for the quality of all mobile products and driving issues to resolution through the entire SDLC. This individual needs to be extremely self-motivated and driven and be able to maneuver themselves around the organization without much guidance.
- Technical design and implementation of features for Android applications
- Managing ad hoc and production releases;
- Providing technical expertise regarding strategic decisions related to Android device and SDK support;
- Architect, implement and unit-test features per product definitions. Test applications for memory leaks, debug crash logs, etc.
- Provide QA with ad hoc device builds, as well as performing actual submission of releases to the Android Marketplace. This includes tagging builds and other SVN-related responsibilities.
- Identify useful features in upcoming Android OS versions; also identify benefits and risks associated with changing the minimum supported Android requirements for FOX Sports apps.
Ability to take ownership
- Comfortable collaborating with designers, front-end developers and other team members
- Passion for researching new trends and technologies in the mobile platform space
- Excellent understanding of optimization and performance issues across Android software layers
- Great sense of pride in your code
- Experience submitting and releasing Android applications to the Android Market
- Ability to work closely with external development vendors across time zones
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong written and oral command of the English language
Qualifications / Experience requirements:
- 7+ years of professional development experience
- 3+ years Android development
- Deep knowledge of the following:
- Android APIs, Internals, and DVM
- Multithreaded Programming
- Expert GUI layout/programming on Android OS, including implementing for multiple device sizes
- Experience with multimedia codecs, streaming and video management systems
- Comfortable with XML, JSON, RESTful services, caching, SSL
- Passionate about what is coming up in new Android releases
- Capable of administering SVN repositories.
- Must have personally released at least two apps in Android Market (in production) developed by team with 3+ developers
- Practical expertise with CPU/memory profiling
- Knowledge of upcoming platforms such as Android Ice Cream Sandwich, iOS 6, etc
- College degree in CS or related discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and solve complex problems
- Experience working in an Agile development environment on scrum teams a plus
- Web services experience a plus
- Back-end development a plus
- Knowledge of sports a plus
- iOS development experience a plus
*If interested, please send your resume to FSMGMobileJobs@fox.com
Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
News Corporation - 2 years ago
This News is heard, seen, and read all over the globe. The world's #2 media conglomerate (behind Walt Disney), News Corporation (or...