The Sr. Area Manager is responsible for managing various processes within the manufacturing environment that support the company vision and mission while meeting all policies and procedures. This role includes responsibilities of managing production associates to meet production requirements, achieve cost, safety and quality targets, and maintain a high level of employee engagement. This position will participate in appropriate orientation, managerial, and High Performance Culture (HPC) training to develop an internal network and fundamental business acumen. After the orientation program, candidates may be placed in a variety of Sr. Area Manager roles throughout Manufacturing on any shift. The Sr. Area Manager must possess good communication skills, be able to translate the business plan into actionable goals, and exhibit leadership skills necessary to identify opportunities for improvement and lead change.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (some are area specific):
• Ensure compliance with product quality standards, regulatory and ISO requirements, company Core Values and Corporate Policies. Ensure proper security protocols are adhered to and that company safety and housekeeping practices are followed.
• Develop and maintain a high performance environment by communicating performance expectations, identifying training or developmental opportunities, evaluating performance against goals and communicating results.
• Effectively lead and manage change, recognize the value of diversity and serve as the key communication resource for the workforce. Actively participate on various teams or focus groups relative to job role and facilitate participation of production associates.
• Engage with business partners in other areas of the organization to ensure decisions support the goals of the organization.
• Manage and optimize production and/or maintenance processes to deliver desired results to support production, quality and cost requirements.
• Participate in the budgetary process and monitor financial performance to achieve total operating cost targets.
• Protect the company’s capital investment in equipment, machinery and facilities by ensuring maintenance or repair activities are performed as required.
• Identify, lead and support continuous process/productivity improvements to meet performance expectations.
High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of relevant work experience or Associate Degree in Engineering Technology, Business, or related field and 2 years relevant work experience or Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field.
General knowledge of manufacturing process and strategies.
Demonstrated ability to work as a value-added team member.
Experience in project management and/or personnel management.
Ability to set and deliver against goals within one’s area of responsibility.
• Ability to make sound and timely decisions in a fast paced environment.
• Good managerial skills with the ability to resolve conflict, provide coaching, give direction, and provide feedback to others.
• General understanding of manufacturing processes and/or maintenance programs.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Good computer skills.
• Self-motivated, energetic, flexible, and adaptable to change.
Training will most likely occur during 1st shift; a shift will be assigned after training is complete.
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
Generous annual bonus program for all employees
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Education initiative plans
Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Extensive training and opportunities for professional and career development.
RJ Reynolds - 13 months ago
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...