Ensures the temple ordinances are kept pure, recorded accurately and made available to worthy Church members by:
• Providing an environment where patrons may have a positive and uplifting experience each time they come to the temple.
• Maintaining and operating temples at standards established by the First Presidency.
As work leader:
• Gives work direction to other assistant Building Engineers.
• Acts as resource to custodians, security guards, and gardeners.
• Assists the Building Engineer in the general supervision of the physical plant.
• Provides organizational supervision during the Temple Engineer’s absence.
• Assists the Temple Engineer with maintenance planning and organization by using FMAT, TFIS and other software tools as may be provided.
- Shift work required, including weekends.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or facility management related field.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of physical plant operation as demonstrated by 4 years’ experience in physical plant operation and extensive experience in skilled trades: electrical, electronics, plumbing, welding, carpentry, painting, general construction, blueprint and schematic reading, mechanical repair, HVAC, and floor coverings.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and training skills.
- Familiarity with applicable health and safety regulations.
- Possession of basic computer skills.
Provides necessary maintenance and repairs in the following areas as assigned:
• Ensures that all computerized heating and air conditioning equipment and controls operate at maximum efficiency.
• Services complex water treatment equipment for boilers and culinary water systems, cooling tower and chilled water systems and conducts water treatment tests to maintain proper pH, hardness levels, and conductivity of the water.
• Maintains and repairs laundry equipment and kitchen systems including clothes washers and dryers, refrigerators, freezers, etc. to assure optimum and reliable operation.
• Maintains baptismal font filtering and water purification system, water supply, mixing valves, etc. in order to maintain necessary pH control and sanitizing levels of water as specified by local codes.
• Maintains electrical system, including the following: Heavy industrial high voltage three phase wiring; Conventional and electronic motor control system; Lighting systems of various voltages, lamp types and control methods.
• Cleans, maintains, and repairs electronic systems including computerized systems, display panels, printers, digital and analog communication cables and uninterruptable power supplies.
• Services and adjusts all projection, sound and communication systems.
• Makes necessary modifications to any temple mechanical or electrical systems as needed.
Must be an endowed member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with a current temple recommend.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://ldschurch.jobs .
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist church that...