Develop enzymatic assays using bioanalytical and biophysical methods. Activities will consist of enzyme characterization, assay development, assessing enzyme inhibitior potency and may involve mode of inhibition studies. These activities take place within the Discovery Sciences Enzymology Centre of Excellence at AstraZeneca R&D Boston. The position will work across therapeutic areas as well as global initiatives, with a focus on Oncology and Infection targets. The job is laboratory-based and the person will report to a Team Leader/Associate Director.
BS/MS in biochemical sciences and 2+ years industrial experience or equivalent.
- Develop in vitro enzymatic assays using biochemical and biophysical methods
- Characterize enzyme activity and function
- Design and perform studies to determine compound modes of inhibition
- Communicate outcome across organization.
- Be a role model in behaviors and AZ code of conduct.
- Act in accordance with all AZ policies on personnel, SHE, etc. Minimum Requirements
Skills and Competencies
Preferred Background * Experience in enzyme assay development and enzymology.
- Strong skills in enzyme kinetics and analytical biochemistry
- Handling and managing large volumes of samples and data.
- Proficient with PC-based software.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Able to work with people from other disciplines and backgrounds.
- Concern for standards.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
- Experience in industrial setting.
- Strong work ethic.
- Experience in target-based drug discovery
- Discovery Sciences; Innovative Medicines Project Teams; Global Initiatives.
AstraZeneca - 19 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...