Managed Business Solutions is seeking an experienced, Sr. Business/Systems Analyst to join our internal Development team. This is a full-time/salaried-benefited opening (health/dental/PTO, holidays, 401k with match, etc.), and will also be a telecommuting opportunity. The Sr. Business/Systems Analyst will act as the primary contact between client management and end users and the .Net Development team (including GUI, Mid-Tier, QA and Project Management personnel). This opening will require travel to client sites for key meetings, up to 20% of time. Colorado-based candidates are highly preferred; no third parties or agencies, please.
- The Analyst will work with end-users to determine functional requirements and will transform them into technical requirements/specifications required by the development team.
- The analyst will gain a clear understanding of the business needs and detailed client processes/workflows per the end user and document the needs as functional requirements.
- After analyzing the functional requirements, the analyst will propose technical solutions to meet the stated requirements in the form of technical requirement specifications.
- The Analyst will communicate with team leaders and project management as well as the user community to ensure needs are understood and met.
- The Analyst will assist development teams and project management teams to develop realistic timelines for client needs and work with client users to facilitate key, timely communication to mitigate change impacts and scope creep.
Environment (Working conditions):
- The position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Candidates must have experience conducting interviews or surveys with the user community as a basis for developing functional requirements, and then be able to translate those requirements into use cases and other technical specifications.
- Must have a complete understanding of the software development life cycle.
- The position requires at least five years of working directly with programming and database teams on enterprise-level projects; strong SQL skills and experience working in a .NET environment are highly preferred.
- Prior experience in services-based consulting environments in working with state, federal, and commercial clientele highly preferred.
- Experience authoring business and use cases preferred.
- Experience within a SCRUM (or in lieu of this, Agile) environment preferred.
- Prior experience in project management also considered a plus, but emphasis is on business-systems side analysis/requirements, processes and workflows.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time.
This position will require moving of up to 10 lbs. This position will be mostly stationary requiring some movement around the office and frequent communication with others. The average working hours will 8 hours per day for this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Managed Business Solutions - 30+ days ago