About Emerging Health Information Technology:
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT is a dynamic company that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions!
The Senior Business Analyst analyzes complex business problems and specifies the functionality of solutions. This individual prepares detailed requirements specifications and provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements. The Senior Business Analyst utilizes industry standard models and practices. He/she has responsibilities within each phase of the project life cycle including user meetings, requirements development and review, development, testing, implementation, and go-live. The Senior Business Analyst provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
- Business Analysis- Analyze complex business problems and specify the functionality of solutions; Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements; Determine and communicate issues/risks; Provide Project Management support across all phases of SDLC.
- Quality Assurance - Determine testing methodology; Develop detailed test plans; Coordinate user acceptance testing; Execute functional, regression, load testing etc.
- Data Analysis - Conduct data analysis and troubleshooting at the database level
- Documentation - Prepare detailed requirements specifications, process flow and other required documents; Create training materials and/or participate in training
- Business systems analysis
- Creating system specifications
- Documentation of user requirements and workflows
- Formal requirements management
- Quality Assurance and testing
- Familiar with relevant business processes and workflows.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
B.A./B.S. required (Business systems, Technical areas)
- 4+ years experience with Business/Systems analysis
- Strong QA skills
- Strong SDLC experience
- Excellent proficiency in documentation, particularly test plans and use cases
- Strong proficiency in communicating with Business users, vendors, and technical staff is essential
- Strong technology skills and understanding, with the ability to work effectively with managers, users, and technical staff, and be pro-active in problem resolution.
- Knowledge of Healthcare/Managed Care and/or HIPAA a plus
medITjobs.com - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -