This role oversees and actively manages the application development, project completion and support for Oracle E-business suite and other ERP and financial applications across the CBS organization. The Business Analyst will propose and implement initiatives to consistently increase delivery value, on-time and on-budget with high customer satisfaction while adhering to overall department-wide standards. |
The Business Analyst is responsible for leading project team(s) (e.g., infrastructure, business users, outsourced providers, database, etc.) to deliver multiple, simultaneous projects or one significant major project/program that could span across several business units or technology areas. The Business Analyst will effectively manage resources, schedules, and quality of deliverables through the full project life cycle. The Business Analyst will also contribute to the development of a delivery methodology, estimating models, risk and quality management approaches. He/she will consider post-go-live support and total cost of ownership across infrastructure, development, enhancement and break/fix perspectives. This position will also manage other Business Analyst and development resources in support of project and production support work.
* Provide the functional, technical and analytical abilities sufficient for conducting business analysis and project management of Oracle 11i/R12 and other financial applications, including Oracle workflows, personalization and extensions.
* Develop project management plans and estimates to support major project and enhancements implementation activities.
* Perform (and supervise) solution/tool selection, fit-gap analysis, requirements gathering, solution design, application configuration and testing.
* Facilitate project/enhancement governance and prioritization.
* Supervise ad-hoc analyses and special projects, and lead projects through completion.
* Propose and implement initiatives to increase department-wide efficiency.
* Ensure that business requirements for new initiatives are structured and documented against best practices so deployment results in enhanced user productivity and experiences, and business case objectives are met.
* Work closely with the business to understand business problem they are trying to solve and the actions they need to take.
* Perform business and financial analysis of strategic projects to ensure proper cost/value relationship, helping to reduce risk and focus investment more efficiently.
* Collaboratively ensure readiness for change across business by ensuring effectiveness of change management programs that will result in the early adoption of the new solution and business processes.
* Effectively collaborate with IT team to ensure exchange of business information, develop innovative approaches to problem solving, and continuously seek ways to improve communication and engagement.
* Identify and implement process improvements.
* Develop and monitor the performance of staff under his/her supervision.
* Assign and re-distribute duties among staff to meet various workload pressures and due dates.
* A minimum of seven (7) years of Oracle Financials project management experience.
* Expertise in Oracle 11i and R12 E-business suite including Receivables, Payables, General Ledger, Project Accounting, and Fixed Assets.
* Experience with testing techniques and standards as well as exposure to automated testing tools.
* The ability to articulate and document test plans, business specifications and interface details with the technical team.
* Deep familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance processes.
* Strong knowledge of disaster recovery procedures.
* Strong planning and organizational skills.
* Excellent client interfacing skills.
* Resource and Project Planning tool experience required.
* Undergraduate Degree required.
* Project experience in the media/entertainment industry.
* Five (5) years of IT professional services consulting experience.
* PMP or other project management certification.
* Graduate Degree.
Minimum Education Level
CBS Corporation - 20 months ago