Sr. Clinical Technology Manager
This position administers and oversees the Region-wide clinical technology planning and operations program. This role provides guidance to the decision process for servicing the clinical technology and systems that Kaiser Permanente will use to provide health care for its members and patients. This individual leads a team of Clinical Technology Managers and Staff who support the technology service and support. This position reports to the Regional Clinical Technology Director.
• Under the Direction of the Regional Clinical Technology Director, is responsible for the integrated management, oversight, and direction of the Clinical Technology Managers/Staff/Integration Teams.
• Provides guidance and direction to Clinical Technology and other committee members that he/she does not directly manage, as well as providing team support and technical expertise.
• Directs the equipment management program (technology lifecycle management) by defining qualitative and quantitative metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
• When necessary, this person implements necessary performance improvement plans.
• Is responsible to identify any issues where coordination and integration of systems is required to ensure the proper functionality of the technology.
• Assures that all Clinical Technology Plan efforts are managed and tracked by appropriate financial systems and controls.
• Continually evaluates the cost/benefit of service alternatives (e.g., in-sourcing and out-sourcing).
• When external resources are used, this role is responsible for ensuring that they are used effectively, and meet the cost/quality and compliance standards of the program.
• Ensures that technology integration plans have sufficient level of detail so technical, financial, environmental, operational, regulatory/legal, and maintenance/support aspects are defined, scoped and understood by the project management teams who will execute against these plans.
• Establishes and maintains a means of identifying, monitoring and resolving issues related to clinical technologies that present a risk to care delivery.
• Provides routine updates to medical center leadership as well as Director of Clinical Technology.
• Identifies issues that require executive sponsorship for resolution.
• For these issues, develops recommendations and/or options for resolution.
• Also, Clinical System Engineers provides resources for medico-legal investigations involving clinical technology.
• Supports compliance and Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct by maintaining by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensing requirements (as necessary) and Kaiser Permanente's policies and procedures.
• Has significant impact on functional objectives and goals.
• Is responsible for providing regular updates to leadership.
• Responsibilities impact the achievement of company objectives that strongly contribute to short term success or failure.
• Is responsible to coordinate, and direct the activities of Clinical Technology delivery.
• Works with regional leadership, Clinical Systems Engineers, NFS medical equipment consultants and planners, and project managers on capital plans and serves in advisory capacity on the plan regarding Clinical Technology projects.
• Assume other duties as directed.
• Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years total experience in clinical technology preferably with regional responsibility.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of management experience in leading and managing Clinical Technology Groups in a multi-hospital/Large Hospital/multi-state environment.
• Significant experience in a management role in a Clinical Technology environment.
• BA degree or certification in Business, Biomedical, Clinical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
• Extensive knowledge of Biomed operational environment and clinical system inter-connectivity.
• Excellent working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
• Specific knowledge of OSHPD (in CA) and similar regulatory agencies practices / policies / procedures in other states.
• Ability to analyze healthcare technology markets and trends, planning technology deployments as well as the retirement of healthcare devices and systems.
• Knowledge of current and emerging clinical technologies and associated interoperability impacts.
• Must be able to work in very complex organization structures (combination of engineering, operations, IT and medical professionals) with excellent communication skills (including facilitation and presentation skills).
• Excellent knowledge of CAPS/CMS/The Joint Commission/HIPAA.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Individuals should have the following Core Behaviors
- Focuses on the Customer
- Takes Accountability
- Drives for Results
- Communicates Effectively
- Champions Innovation & Change
- Develops Self/Others
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Pays Attention to Detail
- Emotional Intelligence
• Master's degree preferred. (MBA, Health Administration).
• Professional certification as a Certified Clinical Engineer preferred.
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...