Construction Management, Construction, Project and Cost Consultancy
is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing.
We have 19 offices across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our goal is to serve the interests of our clients by aligning our comprehensive management approach with client strategic objectives to ensure successful project outcomes.
Faithful+Gould seeks energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented,
Sr. Construction Engineers
to join our
staff but, working client-side on a
Refinery Capital project
. Candidates will coordinate all field activities of the project construction team which requires organizing, planning, and coordinating and directing the construction effort. They will also be responsible for coordinating the overall management and administration of the project quality of construction, technical competency, schedules and budgetary performance, under the direction of the Supervisor. Oil & Gas, Energy or Petrochemical experience is required.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are
- Interfaces with Field Controls Engineer and provides input as necessary to ensure that Project Controls reporting is accurate and timely.
- Supports the Field Controls group in quick resolution of any discrepancies between Field Labor reports and other Project Controls reports.
- Provides input as needed during project Front-End-Loading Stages (Appraise, Select, Define). Input can include, but may not be limited to, development of estimates, schedules, constructability, field walk downs, scope, risk assessment, options review, etc.
- Develops detailed work plans to ensure efficient project delivery. This includes ensuring that all engineering, procurement, and construction deliverables are complete and in place so that project execution proceeds smoothly.
- Manages project construction using Earned Value Management tools to ensure that cost and schedule performance targets are met as planned.
- Interfaces as necessary with other members of the Construction Management Team and Construction Field Supervision to ensure efficient delivery of projects.
- Provides technical support to the field staff for drawings, specifications, procedures and vendor instruction interpretation; distribution and control of drawing and specifications.
- Reviews and screens all Field Change Notices (FCN) and Request For Information (RFI) Reports.
- Ensures that RFIs are implemented and being properly used to document change, errors or omissions on all projects.
- Confirms that when appropriate, technical issues of RFIs have had the involvement of engineering and client technical specialists in solutions.
- Maintains Daily Report for construction activities, performance, problems, manpower, equipment, etc.
- Ensures that all construction activities are in compliance with applicable specifications and drawings.
- Reviews daily functions in regard to document control and insures proper reproduction, distribution and storage of all engineering and construction documents.
- Monitors compliance with project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards, with emphasis on safety.
- Represents construction at meetings; assists in constructability planning and strategy meetings.
- Ensures use of up-to-date drawings during field construction, and ensures proper turnover of field mark-ups to engineering for production of As-Built drawings at completion.
- Assists Project Engineer and Procurement in documenting identified non-conformances with Vendor equipment/fabrications/materials to support the preparation of back charges by Procurement.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or civil engineering and a minimum of four (4) years construction management or construction engineering experience in Oil & Gas.
Faithful+Gould is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D.) offers an excellent benefits packet including: Medical/Dental Coverage, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Flex Plan and a 401K Plan.
- Good communication and organization skills.
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...