Posting Title Sr. Consultant/Federal - Norfolk, VA area About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The VMware PSO team includes Implementation/Managed Services, Project/Engagement Management, Education Services, Partner Management and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services. Job Description As a VMware Sr. Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. You will help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base of best practices got customers and partners. Services include (but not limited to) Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
- Independently conduct enterprise engagements with customers
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Work is typically during normal military duty hours however after-hours and extended duty days may occur; travel will be minimal to none
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including customer-facing experience with Federal customers; direct experience with DOD and Navy customers a strong plus
- Prior experience with software or hardware product OEM a strong plus
- Strong technical experience and qualifications on the core VMware products, with working knowledge of the full range VMware products
- VCP is mandatory; VCP 5 and other related certifications (i.e. Cisco, Microsoft) a strong plus
- Experience with current software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- 3+ years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Understanding of storage architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, ORACLE, Web severs, etc.)
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- * Active/current DOD Secret clearance mandatory
VMware offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
VMware is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law Location Virginia Beach, VA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
Requisition Number 41036BR
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...