Posting Title : Sr. Consultant - Arizona
About Us : VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technologies. Our team of 11,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Why work for our Division : The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The VMware PSO team includes Implementation/Managed Services, Project/Engagement Management, Education Services, Partner Management and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
Why work with our group : As a VMware Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. You will help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for best practices by customers and partners. This group gives the consultant the opportunity to work in most of the top Fortune 500 companies in the world. Services include (but not limited to) Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
Job Description Sr. Consultant – vCenter Operations Solutions Practice – CITY, STATE and most major US cities
NOTE: This position can be based out of most major US cities provided the employee can fulfill the below stated business travel requirement.
The ideal candidate will be a “thought leader” in the area of how vCenter Operations solutions can add value by enabling customers to be proactive in the areas of IT problem detection, performance analytics, and capacity planning. This position is an integral part of the Professional Services team responsible for defining technology and services solutions for VMware enterprise clients. This individual will work directly with customers to architect and implement vCenter Operations within the customers’ infrastructure. The position requires an experienced consultant; he or she will be responsible for identification of requirements and scope, implementation planning and service delivery in order to meet the clients’ business objectives.
Develop strong customer relationships that enable VMware to become a trusted advisor for our customers’ IT executives.
- Provide thought leadership with prospects and customers in developing a vision and plan of how the vCenter Operations solutions can address their IT challenges and provide significant business value.
- Provide expertise in the area of integrated application architectures in order show how best to apply vCenter Operations solutions to solve complex IT problems
- Own and lead specific customer engagements implementing vCenter Operations solutions
- Partner with Sales to build relationships with key buyers, recommend approaches and tools for defining the solution and communicate it to diverse audiences.
- Provide input to Product Development to extend / customize solution to meet customer integration and functionality needs
- Work with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction and resolve customer issues in a timely fashion
o Responsibility for all aspects of project delivery (e.g., plan, design, implement)
- 7+ years of Information Technology role experience, with at least 3 years in a consulting role to include:
o Experience consulting with multiple customers simultaneously
o Experience in managing performance and availability of mission critical applications, with a focus on virtualized environments
Location : Phoenix, AZ, US
- Significant enterprise scale project experience with the VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite - OR similar competitive offerings.
- Expertise with 3rd party infrastructure monitoring solutions (e.g. IBM Tivoli, BMC Patrol, Mercury PC, CA eHealth/APM, HP OpenView, etc.), including integration and operational use.
- vSphere experience
- Knowledge of broader network infrastructure components (e.g. TCP/IP, Active Directory)
- Background in solution and/or consultative selling to include implementations with significant interactions at the executive level (presentations, proposals, documentation of current versus desired state, etc.)
- Experience with extending / customizing software for integration purposes including business process requirements definition and design recommendations.
- Programming/Scripting skills preferred (e.g. Java, Perl, shell, SQL)
- Enterprise applications implementation experience preferred (e.g. web, ERP, CRM, SFA)
- Knowledge of industry standards and standards organizations (e.g., ITIL, PMP, TOGAF)
- Ability to be a strong team player, individual contributor and mentor
- A Bachelor-level degree or higher in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or other relevant certifications are preferred
- The ability to travel up to 80% weekly, depending on consultant home and customer locations.
Is this a remote or multiple location position? Yes
Requisition Number : 32999BR
VMware - 13 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...