Spread Your Wings
We are the duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community, and most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all ...
The Aflac Way
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by
magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the thirteenth consecutive year in January 2011 and as one of America's Most Admired Companies for the tenth year in March 2011.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself—are you the duck? If so, there’s a home—and a flourishing career—for you at Aflac.
It’s not what you can do; it’s what you will do. At Aflac IT, we get things done. As the support behind Aflac’s corporate operations, sales force, and business partners, Aflac IT employees not only benefit from this philosophy, but help carry it out. Just as Aflac has changed the insurance industry, Aflac IT will forever alter the way health care benefits reach people who need them most. And that’s something we can all be proud of.
Sr. Data/Enterprise Architect
Are you currently an IT professional with 7+ years of experience within various areas of the IT organization and have a passion and experience with data and/or enterprise architecture? Do you understand how enterprise architecture is related to data architecture? Do you possess 3-5 years of experience with data modeling, both normalized and warehouse and have 8+ years’ experience with SQL? Do you have 2-3 years’ experience with data mapping design and worked as a DBA for 1-2 years? Are you interested in becoming that next architect that forms and sets the foundation for more matured architecture? Do you possess leadership skills and comfortable working on multiple application projects? Then this may be the opportunity for you:
Provides overall direction, guidance, and definition of an enterprise architecture that effectively supports the Corporate Business and IT strategies; researches, analyzes, designs, proposes, and prototypes solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies; these IT solutions may include systems, applications, or processes, and may involve the application and integration of a wide variety of products, technologies and services
Additional responsibilities may include establishing the overall architectural view, identifying major system interfaces, developing module reuse on an enterprise wide scale, building e-business capabilities, and identifying existing architecture weaknesses and opportunities for process reengineering; performs systems analysis and design, system modeling, performance modeling, integration planning, and technology and component selection to ensure architectural consistency and coherence between technical and business processes
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works on multiple IT architecture projects as a project leader, or works on multiple application projects as a subject matter expert; works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments
- Leads multiple architecture project teams, including the design and modeling of solutions, component identification and acquisition, quality review, and development of guidelines and procedures
- Participates in technical and business discussions relative to future enterprise direction; aligns architectural strategy with business goals
- Mentors and coaches architects and supporting IT personnel
- Researches and evaluates software/hardware products and industry trends to assist in project development and operational support activities
- Analyzes the current architecture to identify weaknesses and to develop opportunities for improvements such as expanding capacity, reducing time and cost, and increasing effectiveness
- Develops and communicates architectural policies and standards for the enterprise
- Reviews, analyzes, and develops architectural requirements and framework strategy
- Assesses the capacity and resource use of network and/or platform facilities; approves and modifies LAN/WAN designs and architectures by reviewing end-user, topology, physical, security, performance, and interoperability requirements
- Authorizes continued development based on software inspections and quality reviews
- Identifies the tools and components used for IT projects; recommends expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components; advises management on options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on other processes and system priorities for buy vs. build decisions
- Researches and applies the use of middleware to facilitate the portability and scalability of applications
- Coordinates and leads the integration of third party and internally developed components to achieve operability
- Develops and presents “white papers” on current and future architecture trends and their impact on the enterprise
- Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, specialized training, and 5-7 years of experience in multiple IT areas
combination of education and experience
Action Oriented, Adaptability, Customer Service, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening
Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), pension, stock purchase plans, and many more.
Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, Aflac...