Posting Title Sr. Deal Desk Analyst- New York, NY About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Job Description Support the Americas Sales Organization (territories / regions TBD), focusing primarily on non-standard transactions (i.e. Enterprise License Agreements), enforcement of Company policies and procedures (Finance, Legal, Channel Programs, etc), escalation of non-standard transactions and legal document generation, maintenance, review and modification. This role will partner with multiple internal groups including Americas Field Sales, Corporate Operations, Finance and Legal to maintain efficient processes.
- Partner with the field sales organization to drive Enterprise License Agreement deal closure.
- One-touch resource for field sales; responsible for liaising with all organizations involved in the Enterprise License Agreement process (finance, legal, order management, etc.) on behalf of field sales.
- Own and manage the contract drafting process for non-negotiated documents. Work with Legal and Finance to facilitate document creation, approvals, and signature approval process.
- Liaise with Legal to create standardized language templates to extend team’s scope of document control.
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies. Be a sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements. Collaborate with impacted parties to generate acceptable documents to facilitate deal closures.
- Validate customer purchase orders to approved Enterprise License Agreement quote documentation, prepare order entry documents & associated approval documentation packages to expedite order management processes.
- Work with the team and management personnel to identify process improvement and/or sales training opportunities. Develop & deliver sales enablement tools (e.g. Product & Pricing FAQ’s, Sales Approval templates, etc.).
- Strive to meet or beat published service level agreements.
- Special projects as needed
- Miscellaneous reporting and process documentation
- Minimum 3+ years related experience in the software industry, channel sales, sales operations, contract and/or order management experience desired
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, w/ strong organization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to work well under pressure of heavy workload and time pressure
- Intermediate MS Office Skills (Excel and Word) required
- Experience using CRM applications; Siebel or Oracle a plus
- Travel (including international) up to 10% may be required
- Bachelor Degree preferred
VMware is proud of the benefits we extend to our employees, including ample paid time off and flexible work schedules that promote a healthy work-life balance.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Call to action
We are looking to fill these strategic and critical roles as soon as possible. Join the leading sales team today. Location New York, NY, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
Requisition Number 40760BR
VMware - 11 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...