How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - Winery
Over seventy-five years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people.
We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry.
If you want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
Full Time/Part Time
Responsible for supporting the overall efforts of the creative team which includes conceptualizing, developing and delivering innovative strategic on-target solutions for all assigned projects (Packaging, POS and all supporting creative functions) for an assigned business unit. Also is responsible for supporting and enhancing the overall efforts and strategic vision and direction creative services department leadership team.
- Supports the overall efforts of the creative team; collaboratively executes innovative creative projects through solid brand strategy; ensures projects are completed within prescribed timelines and parameters.
- Contributes creative concepts and sketches as well as evaluates sketches or designs developed by other team members.
- Ensures that high quality creative projects are delivered with a strong attention to detail.
- Studies the creative marketplace; stays current with trends and innovation; develops an understanding of 3-dimensional structural solutions.
- Translates and extends the product brand equities look and feel, brand identity and style guidelines.
- Prepares design presentations including mock-ups, mounting and PowerPoint summaries.
- Plans and lays-out artwork for assigned projects; provides clear instructions and prepares final layouts for production team in a clean and organized file format.
- Manages project organization for all project binders; archives design solutions and illustrations.
- Collects, reads, interprets and uses related reference documented client briefs to deliver innovative creative with solid brand strategy.
- Strives to gain knowledge of printing technologies and methodologies for all POS and package components.
- Supports all members of the design team in the completion of design work.
- Maintains accurate personal timesheets and timely project documentation.
- Takes advantage of training opportunities offered by E & J Gallo for technical or interpersonal skills.
- Collaborates with team members to meet expectations and standards that have been established for creative team attitude, behavior, teamwork and professional development.
- Executes quality control functions, including proofing, reviewing creative output and project processes.
- Delivers professional client presentations in a clear, concise and direct manner that are engaging, visually compelling, persuasive and supported by a sound rationale and strategy.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Design or Package Design plus 2 years of graphic design experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Associates of Applied Arts degree plus 4 years of graphic design experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR 6 years of graphic design experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Package design experience.
- Skilled in the use of the Macintosh platform, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop at an advanced level; Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office suite at a basic level.
- Required to work extended hours when necessary to support the design team in meeting deadlines.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Design or Package Design plus 4 years of experience in graphic design.
- Skilled in design composition and typography; strives to exceed expectations.
- Experience coping with change and multi-tasking; experience exhibiting steadiness and stamina in driving for results under prescribed deadlines.
- Design experience in spirits, beer or beverage industry.
- Skilled in managing multiple projects and working well under pressure with little supervision.
- Experience operating in a team setting.
- Skilled in design composition, typography and executing sketches or designs developed by other team members.
- Knowledge of printing technologies and methodologies for all POS components.
- Knowledge of marketing, consumer research and design principals.
- Knowledge of POS trends, key competitors and sales channel characteristics.
- Knowledge of strategic brand development, branding and marketing equities.
- Skilled in interpersonal communication and organization; pays attention to detail and maintains follow-through.
- Skilled in customer service.
- Skilled in identifying color variances.
- Skilled in constructively using feedback from experienced team members.
- Experience learning new industries, companies, and products.
- Experience following established processes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
E. & J. Gallo Winery - 20 months ago
E. & J. Gallo Winery brings merlot to the masses. The company is the world's largest family-owned winemaker, thanks in part to such...