As a member of the Digital Marketing Strategy Group; the primary function of the Sr. Digital Strategic Planner is to leverage industry/customer insights and best in class digital marketing strategies to conduct omni-channel strategic assessments and develop integrated activation programs for our clients.
The primary role of this individual is to lead the strategic development and process within the agency and with clients to create a unified digital strategy across channels that provide high value add to the client’s brand and product(s). The Sr. Digital Strategic Planner also works closely with members of the Account and Sales team to help sell thru strategic visions and programs to clients; supports development of strategic project briefs and ensures the formulation and execution of a digital strategy/solution that is relevant to the target group and has the desired persuasive impact.
The Sr. Digital Strategic Planner is able to seamlessly flex between being heads-up and heads-down; maintaining a balance between timely completion of individual contribution deliverables while overseeing tactical executions and monitoring traction against overall strategic objectives.
- Work closely with members of the DMS team to define necessary strategic plan deliverable components–generating engagement charter and development frameworks.
- Serve as a strategic partner to clients, understanding their brand/business objectives, their goals/challenges and planning timelines.
- Work cross functionally within agency team–leading definition around strategy deliverable scope and requirements; proactively communicating to client(s) and actively collaborating with team lead(s) to identify appropriate digital solutions/tactical recommendations and ensure successful execution against client and account strategies.
- Perform secondary research on industry trends, reports, consumer trends to uncover insights that can guide audience segmentation and improve solution/campaign performance.
- Lead qualitative research efforts in concert with the development of target profiles, screeners, discussion guides and/or survey panel questionnaires.
- Conduct cross discipline business and digital marketing assessments for clients; inclusive of the formulation of strategic roadmaps to enhance customer segmentation/CRM and improve content/communication strategies, digital destinations and experiences, online marketing and measurement.
- Develop short and long-term integrated digital marketing and content strategies.
- Develop and deliver strategic client presentations.
- Translate complex, multi-tier audience research and digital marketing programs at inception into actionable execution strategies; proactively identifying information and resources necessary for successful completion and delivery by agency production team.
- Support the generation of new business and revenue opportunities by working with Sales and Account Service teams on strategic development; participate in scoping conversations; assist with planning activity definition/pricing estimates and provide strategic insight in support of client pitches/RFP responses.
- Participate in key status meetings with client and the internal team/extended partners, etc. and in some instances create the framework, presentation materials and lead pivotal meetings (i.e. Internal Team Kick-off/Client Discovery sessions, etc.).
- Actively seek and share knowledge of latest digital marketing trends.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in creating, leading and selling thru digital strategies and solutions with big brands in an agency environment and with multiple media touch points.
- Advanced understanding of integrated marketing principles including digital, brand and data-based marketing.
- Experience in leading strategic business assessment engagements–preferably with an emphasis on digital ecosystem evaluations/recommendations.
- Skilled at gathering, analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative research data/results.
- Able to synthesize information from various sources and extract key concepts/messages.
- Experience leading brand platform definition and identity development engagements.
- Experience in defining interactive digital marketing programs, with specific concentration in online/email advertising, paid search campaigns and
- Familiarity with Omniture and/or other analytic platforms and reporting tools.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills–augmented by strong presentation skills.
- Must know how to develop and manage a budget.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to quickly understand new technology concepts.
- Proficiency with Keynote, MS Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
- BA/BS Marketing or Communications degree, or equivalent work experience.
The Sr. Digital Strategic Planner should strive to be perceived as a partner, trusted advisor and key solutions delivery resource. The ideal candidate should posses the following qualities:
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy, flexibility and a sense of humor in a constantly evolving businessenvironment.
- Ability to build relationships, both with clients and internal team members.
- Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others.
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving abilities.
- A strong work ethic and career orientation; wants to learn, develop and attain new skill sets and improve.
- Values others and acts with integrity and respect.
- Ability to confront challenges or problems directly and honestly; must be able to handle difficult situations andconversations with grace.
- Ability to facilitate.
- Ability to think and act appropriately “on their feet.”
- Has the ability to handle numerous assignments at once; is organized and thorough with professional followthrough.
- Displays professional “polish”; executive presence and confidence.
Digitaria provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, and is headquartered in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter.
- This is an in-house position and candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate