The position will be responsible for ensuring that maintenance and support activities for all OLTP applications (Front Office) are efficiently and effectively delivered. This position will be accountable for optimizing the operational model to provide world-class applications support for all assigned transaction based applications. This individual will provide leadership to the applications team and the overall direction for scope of work, staffing models, and process design and operations metrics. This position is responsible for ensuring that application development principals and standards are adhered to and application modifications delivered meet the organizations expectations for functionality and quality.
CLS Generic Expected Contributions
Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
anticipating staffing requirements by comparing business needs with strengths and weaknesses of existing staff.
using appropriate Marriott Vacations Worldwide interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
providing timely coaching and feedback.
making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
This position is responsible for leading the OLTP application maintenance teams for all assigned OLTP applications. This individual will create the teams and processes to deliver high quality technology changes and perform consistent and reliable operational support activities. This position is responsible to collaborate with both the IR and business organizations with a high sense of urgency and a focus on excellence and results. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership for business focused, time sensitive, innovative and cost effective technology organization.
• Report to management the status, performance metrics, and solutions for improvement and analyze trends in support issues for strategic resolutions
• Responsible for managing those 3rd party vendors whose software falls under their direction. The candidate will insure the vendor adheres to any Service Level Agreements (SLA's) which are part of the contract between our firm and the vendor.
• Ensure that software standards are developed, enforced and communicated.
• Ensure adherence of applications development group to formal processes, standards and total quality practices.
• Manage multiple internal and vendor resources to perform application support and maintenance.
• Work with project management office, release management and change management in the deployment of maintenance releases..
• Facilitate, define and lead work efforts, including cross-departmental teams and outside vendors, to implement maintenance releases for enterprise applications.
• Respond to customer inquiries regarding system functionality, modification, and status of issue resolution.
• Work with executive management to prepare budgets and monitor progress against budget targets.
• Provide executive management with status updates regarding progress towards application shared services objectives.
• Provide leadership over large scale application & system implementation including details around service levels and development of the operating model for continued support.
• Serves as the ultimate escalation point within the Technical Support organization for all assigned applications
CLS Generic Candidate Profile
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills.
Generally a professional position requiring significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines and/or business operations as well as associate management experience. College degree and/or relevant experience generally required.
Specific Candidate Profile
Required: Bachelor's degree required
Preferred: Master's degree preferred
• 10+ years of IT experience in business applications development and support.
• Strong knowledge and experience with SDLC methodologies.
• IT management experience.
• Experience in hospitality, hotel or vacation ownership timeshare industry and/or relevant customer servicing industries.
• Strong leadership skills, strong planning and project management skills.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle and best practices.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to interface effectively with business customers, IR management, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
• Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.